Is Royal Mail being disrespectful

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The new style appears to have the monarchs initials on a separate plate, so it probably would not be too onerous to update it anyone had the will to do so.

Final-Elizabeth-II-lamp-box-scaled.jpg

Also it seems you can by repro ones for the home...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/895...H-AqcTJKWRuKTt-fbJKJ0jHZ7k623x5caAplmEALw_wcB

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I'm not looking for a scrap just felt my original post answered the question as to why RM is ignoring a change to CR or whatever it will be.
It wasn't particularly aimed at yourself, it was a comment in general of the way I expect the thread to go

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My final year undergraduates are currently doing a week-long time-constrained case study on Royal Mail. This is not the week for them to decide to go into administration :blink:

However, I do perceive it as a power play between management and the unions. The case study I put together from various media sources turned out to be quite enlightening, but definitely in NCAP territory.

Reactions: C R
Anyone seen those new postboxes, the small ones on posts? They look like they've been made of pressed steel, and probably were. The old cast ones are a thing of industrial beauty, part of our industrial heritage.

Yep, that's the type we have out here in the boonies. Our latest replacement was one of those, prior to that it were the cast iron jobbies. Trouble is, and that's with either type, it only takes one bloke and a digger to make off with them...

I'm relatively lucky, the next nearest box is on a small industrial estate a mile away, so a quick bicycular bimble is all that it takes, but the people in the next hamlet along have a 10 mile round trip to the nearest box.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The new ones don't gave the elegance of the old. They certainly won't last long in comparison.

DRM

Guru
Going back to the original post, I don't think they'll bother changing E11R to C111R on the older vehicles,but perhaps on the newer vehicles they will, brand new vehicles will have the updated logo as they're delivered.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Going back to the original post, I don't think they'll bother changing E11R to C111R on the older vehicles,but perhaps on the newer vehicles they will, brand new vehicles will have the updated logo as they're delivered.
That's a point I never noticed the Reg

Top Bottom