Is the Specialized Venge worth the price tag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spiderman2

Über Member
If you like it buy it. Im in my 60s and still have my steel bikes from the 70s and 80s, but the bike that always brings a grin to my face is my specialized carbon road bike .Todays bikes are lighter have stiffer frames , quicker and have better brakes. If I had the money I would buy the Venge and would be the quickest OAP in town.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This is how long is a piece of string question. Most of us fall for it.

Brompton. Is it worth its astronomical price for what it is? Of course its not.

Did I buy one? Of course I did.

I wanted one and it caused me no financial hardship. The pleasure I get out of it will prove its worth.

Venod

Eh up
I would buy the Venge and would be the quickest OAP in town.

Do you think the Venge will make that much difference ? if your not the quickest OAP in town at the moment I doubt the Venge would make much difference, there is more to being quick than the bike.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Comparing the Venge and the R872 will only be worthwhile if you spec the Ribble with the same or similar components, wheels and group set particually.
Then consider warranty on the frame, Ribble have a limited warranty, 2 years I think when I got mine.
TBF, I have a Ribble Sportive carbon and it's been brilliant, had it for 7 years, no problems.

The other factor about an expensive carbon bike is that you are constantly worrying about damage / theft. Mine lives in the spare bedroom, the cheap ones in the garage.

screenman

Legendary Member
The other factor about an expensive carbon bike is that you are constantly worrying about damage / theft. Mine lives in the spare bedroom, the cheap ones in the garage.

Never crossed my mind, how many expensive bikes are not stolen each year. My bikes would never enter the house, they know their place.

capricapers

If you like it buy it. Im in my 60s and still have my steel bikes from the 70s and 80s, but the bike that always brings a grin to my face is my specialized carbon road bike .Todays bikes are lighter have stiffer frames , quicker and have better brakes. If I had the money I would buy the Venge and would be the quickest OAP in town.

That is one BRILLIANT reply! I agree.

Top Bottom