Is the summer really good this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Is it my imagination or are we getting unusually good weather right now?

Have summers usually been like this but I've been missing out coz have been stuck indoors working my ass off, and now I see that UK really does get good summers? Was I blinded by the light (haha) before?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
It's not Summer yet. ;)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
And it's not even summer yet!
Last year, we were building up to the wettest June for ages, in the Midlands and South.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Swings and roundabouts I think. Some years are good and some are bad. The last couple of years in Wales have not been good even by Welsh standards. ^_^

We did seem to have endless blue skies and sunshine when we were kids. Of course it could have been that as kids, we didn't take any notice of the weather whatever it was.

Maybe it is just one of those good years and the lack of planes, trains and automobiles is just a coincidence.....or not.^_^ we are not in summer yet and I hear temps are going to be down next week or the week after so watch this space as they say.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We did seem to have endless blue skies and sunshine when we were kids. Of course it could have been that as kids, we didn't take any notice of the weather whatever it was.
I am Scottish on my mum's side (though born and raised in England). When I was a boy we used to go up to mum's village the day that the school holidays started and stay there for the entire break. I remember a couple of summers being like this (spring!) - blue skies and sunshine all day, every day. Unfortunately, I also remember one horrendous summer where we never saw the sun at all. It was chilly, windy, and rained nearly the whole 6 weeks. Worse - my dad had to work; he was back in England with the car so we couldn't even go for a drive to get away from the croft for a while... :sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
May can often be bright and warm. In terms of sunshine t'is reckoned this May will be up there with the best of them, but the temperatures aren't terribly remarkable. The sultry sweat box Mays of 2017 and 2018 were warmer. But on balance, this May has been quite nice.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As Montyveda says.....apparently the sunniest on record. Certainly the hottest May I recall.
Being selfish.......we should have come back from Majorca yesterday. I would have been upset being in Majorca while reading about the temperatures back in England. Pity there are no pubs or restaurants open :rolleyes:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It's been a lovely month or so here in SE Lakeland.

We were due some sun after the abysmal period from last August (very wet) and then Nov to early March when rain was the order of the day.

Strange that only last month (April) there were some very cold mornings when a bike ride or even a walk meant hurting hands!

Top Bottom