Is the summer really good this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We're near the top of the hill plus rain gets channelled down a beck well off to one side of the house.
Sounds like you will probably be ok then.

A friend has just bought a big house half way up one of the hills surrounding Todmorden. Last time we had flooding in the valley, the hillside beck beyond the far end of his garden overtopped and flooded the garden and those of the neighbours further down the hill. (There is extra drainage to help prevent that but the pipes turned out to be clogged up with mud and leaves.)

There is extra drainage to help prevent that but the pipes turned out to be clogged up with mud and leaves.
Surprise surprise....not

Rain rain rain......says the forecast. A yellow warning for possible flooding. Outside light drizzle. Not really a good excuse for being a waster and finishing a great book...again. well it is a great book (red sky at sunrise) and I had a massive breakfast. The dog will still have to get her 2-3 hour walk and I will still have to feed my addiction to collecting firewood. No watering the garden to boot.
Nowt like a bit of rain to cheer me up!!

Drago

Legendary Member
and another one...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53089348

It's flooded again, and people are calling for an inquiry. What on Earth for? Their houses are in a spot that's vulnerable to flooding, and with climate change we are now seeing record levels of rainfall, deluges of the like that have never before been experienced. There's not a lot anyone can do except not live in these vulnerable spots. Why do they need an inquiry to tell them that?

Mike_P

Guru
and another one...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53089348

It's flooded again, and people are calling for an inquiry. What on Earth for? Their houses are in a spot that's vulnerable to flooding, and with climate change we are now seeing record levels of rainfall, deluges of the like that have never before been experienced. There's not a lot anyone can do except not live in these vulnerable spots. Why do they need an inquiry to tell them that?
Suppose it depends what assurances if any they have been given as a result of any works the Environment Agency have undertaken. The EA and others have talked about 1 in 100 year floods, snag is they are quickly becoming somewhat more frequent.

Out cycling with dog. Hid bike in woods walked the dog. Forgot, as usual to check weather forecast despite my phone reminding me to do so. Clouds turned black followed by a massive thunderstorm. Wearing a teashirt everything on me cotton perfect for soaking up water. Heavy rain all round But not on me. A couple of drops only. Neighbor said it hammered down. Garden well watered and me bone dry. That's the way I like the weather.

Well I neber

I am to hot, why is nobody else complaining? Your not British if you don't complain about the weather. To cold, to wet, to hot etc etc

Too what? Too fast, too slow, too guerrilla gardening?
Too late to apply to a previous post without quoting.
Also grammar facisism is belief in your superiority over people like me whose mummy and Daddy had less money than your mummy and Daddy. Who bought your education. I think I just pulled the working class card! Are we allowed toooooooooo?

Last edited:
Top Bottom