Is there a bent to fit me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanS

Thanks very much for the offer, I'm up in Bolton so Kent's a fair haul for me or I'd be there like a shot.

As for the addiction element, that's a worry - Mrs S is not best pleased with my current bike collection,(only 4 but soon to be reduced to 3/2), so I suspect a bent collection would go down like Prince Harry in fancy dress at a bar mitzvah :whistle:

In case you're interested, I recently traded in my Challenge Seiran with David at Laid-back in Edinburgh. Dual 26" wheels, USS, Full suspension. I'm 6' 4", so it would definately fit you. See http://www.laid-back-bikes.co.uk/

Cheers - Ian.

jorgemartin

I'm 6' 3" and use a Grasshopper FX that fits me perfectly. It has an adjustable boompole and according to HP Velotechnik it will suit a 6' 7" rider.
ftp://ftp.hpvelotechnik.com/prospekte/grasshopperfx_prospekt_2011_e.pdf
If you're in London, you could test ride one at Bikefix
http://www.bikefix.co.uk/shop/
Cheers

MartinG

I am only 6'3" but my height is in my legs. I have Nazca Fuego Large Frame (with extra large seat) and an ICE Adventure with the additional bracket to move the seat back. The only down-side of the bracket is that it restricts how far you can recline the seat - I am really a bit more upright than I would ideally like to be on the trike - however, it is a brilliant commuting machine. The Fuego is very comfortable, more reclined than the trike and faster. I got both through David at Laidback bikes in Edinburgh - he has a range of machines to try.

Once bitten, the infection is untreatable and recumbents will remain in your blood!

Arran

A very good friend of mine is the OP's height and has been riding recumbents for years. This rider has noted a couple of things to me:

Even with the large size frame, the P-38 boom has to be extended unacceptably far out. It is my understanding that Tim has recently addressed this problem.

On bikes with moveable seats, even in large frame sizes, the seat has to be put back very close to the rear wheel. As a result, some of the suspension provided by frame flex is lost, making the ride harsher than otherwise desirable.

Windcheetahs, regardless of size, have a harsh ride (but are fast!)

Top Bottom