Is there a book inside everyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Every person has a book inside them, so it's said. I guess it may be true because we all have a store of experiences, anecdotes and ideas that could fill a few pages. I suppose this is what we read when we go and buy those half-baked sports personality autobiographies where most of the interest is in the sport itself.

The difference between self-publishing and fiction is the ability to imagine and create a plot. So have you got an idea floating around in your head? Do you harbour a yen to sit down one day and write what may turn out to be your one and only novel? Have you already tried? What happened?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Every person has a book inside them, so it's said. I guess it may be true because we all have a store of experiences, anecdotes and ideas that could fill a few pages. I suppose this is what we read when we go and buy those half-baked sports personality autobiographies where most of the interest is in the sport itself.

The difference between self-publishing and fiction is the ability to imagine and create a plot. So have you got an idea floating around in your head? Do you harbour a yen to sit down one day and write what may turn out to be your one and only novel? Have you already tried? What happened?
I used to fancy giving it a go at one time but don't have a great imagination.

One time I looked after a friend's dog for a few days, for a laugh I made up a diary written from the dog's view which was several pages long with a humorous theme. She read through it and laughed out loud several times and said she really enjoyed it. She showed it to another friend who also enjoyed it and thought it was excellent but that's as far as I got. Lol.

Twinks

Über Member
My boss is always saying to me "you should write that down" and "when are you going to write that book?" when I'm wittering on about stuff but I think what he really means is ..... instead of boring me with it.

TVC

It turns out that perhaps there is a book in me. To my surprise it's actually a childrens book. The idea began to form during a conversation with some CCers where certain small scenes involving a fantasy creature evolved. I've tried these ideas on several small children and they seemed to be well received, so I'm now trying to construct the whole thing into a simple narrative.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've had a book inside me.

editing.jpg

TVC

I like writing poetry that is too rubbish to show anyone. A lot of it just stays in my head, probably the best place!
*Nerd alert*

Is it as good as Vogon poetry?

screenman

Legendary Member
I used to fancy giving it a go at one time but don't have a great imagination.

One time I looked after a friend's dog for a few days, for a laugh I made up a diary written from the dog's view which was several pages long with a humorous theme. She read through it and laughed out loud several times and said she really enjoyed it. She showed it to another friend who also enjoyed it and thought it was excellent but that's as far as I got. Lol.

A dog that can read.?:blush:^_^

Top Bottom