Is there a collective noun for fly-tippers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
TW**S

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
:sad:
1685952708925.png

Alex321

Veteran
A scum of fly-tippers.

Drago

Legendary Member
What gets my goat is bin bags and garden rubbish. Theyve gone to all that effort loading up the car and sneaking out in the dead of night - surely it would have been easier and less stressful to drive it to the dump instead?

There was a farmer who found out who dumped hundreds of tyres on his land. He took them back. A guy was surprised to see his front garden full of tyres practically to the top of his windows.

I love hearing tales of fly tippers getting their just desserts. However we are quite possibly contributing. If we get various modern rag and bone men to take our stuff away, if there's only some items they can make money from then the rest may well be flytipped. If the removal is cheap then you're more likely to be hiring a flytipper which let's be honest here, you're at fault for the fly tipping.

If you want stuff tipped use a reputable skip company, local council bulky matters and pay real money for it. Sorry to be preachy but you get nothing cheap, certainly not waste removal. Don't be the source of flytipping!

OP
OP
UphillSlowly

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
What gets my goat is bin bags and garden rubbish. Theyve gone to all that effort loading up the car and sneaking out in the dead of night - surely it would have been easier and less stressful to drive it to the dump instead?

My friend's theory is that the people that dump the rubbish are not the owners but more often a "Man with a van" offering to remove large amounts of rubbish from people with no transport for a few quid. Also seems like builders/tradesmen like to dump their rubbish around here (boxes of tiles, fridges, carpets, furniture)

Top Bottom