Is There a Cycle Collectors Anonymous?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm just wondering if I may be in need of counselling or if it is normal to collect more than N+15 road bikes?:whistle:
Obviously it wouldn't be totally anonymous as some of you know me ! :whistle:
It's not just the lovely shiny paint, ally and chrome bits that get me wanting to buy more bikes, but I can sometimes feel sorry for a neglected bike and think how it could look all done up and running again .
I thought I had recovered, but I was tempted by a sad looking frame on a well known auction site and lost out in a bidding war and it has set me off again .
I'm not looking for sympathy, just another bike to do up ! :whistle:

postman

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with collecting bicycles.It's better than my stoopid collection of baseball caps,i always buy one or two each holiday,why i don't just take one with me i have no idea,the other mugs ceramic six of them plus two tin ones that's eight why,i only drink out of one at a time.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Know how you feel. I just had to rescue the 1981 Alan I saw for sale locally recently. It looked so forlorn sitting there with a wrong sized seat tube forced into it. I knew if someone here bought it they just ride it into the ground and I couldn't let that happen. Its way too small for me but such a beautiful bike.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering if I may be in need of counselling or if it is normal to collect more than N+15 road bikes?:whistle:
Obviously it wouldn't be totally anonymous as some of you know me ! :whistle:
It's not just the lovely shiny paint, ally and chrome bits that get me wanting to buy more bikes, but I can sometimes feel sorry for a neglected bike and think how it could look all done up and running again .
I thought I had recovered, but I was tempted by a sad looking frame on a well known auction site and lost out in a bidding war and it has set me off again .
I'm not looking for sympathy, just another bike to do up ! :whistle:
Where the hell do you store them?

I'm not looking for sympathy

You are not going to get any from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drago

Legendary Member
@biggs682 is my bicycle collectors anonymous sponsor. When im feeling weak and needing another bike we meet over a beer or two, get smashed, and he keeps me on the straight and narrow. Thanks to this wonderful man i now have only 9 bikes.

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Know how you feel. I just had to rescue the 1981 Alan I saw for sale locally recently. It looked so forlorn sitting there with a wrong sized seat tube forced into it. I knew if someone here bought it they just ride it into the ground and I couldn't let that happen. Its way too small for me but such a beautiful bike.
View attachment 551036

View attachment 551041
You have done a lovely job on that. 👍

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
mines shrunk due to finances, had to sell a couple to tide us over when some bills came our way along with some components :sad:
I did get a new commuter on c2w so thats monthly out of the salary which is now picking up again so it doenst count ? :smile:, i just need a frame to build with the bits i have lieing around but untill we are straight in the bank i must resist !

netman

Veteran
I think I hit 25+ frames and full bikes at my worst... now down to 15ish and most of these will be gone in the spring.
Promised myself to get it down to 4 or less if I bought this...
bmc-alpenchallenge-amp-cross-one-2019-electric-hybrid-bike-white-EV338347-9000-1.jpg

🤫

Top Bottom