Is there a hot and cold tap convention??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is no convention except that the hot tap of a bath must be nearest the wall/corner.  When installing kitchen sink mixers I always fit the cold on the left since most folk are right handed and filling a pot or kettle leaves the left hand free. The same with bathroom basin mixers; with toothbrush in right hand you dont want to be reaching over to turn the cold tap w. left hand.  With apologies to sinister members.

thomas

the tank engine
At UNI house our shower has the blue bit on the right, red bit on the left...However, hot water comes out the blue bit not the red bit.

When we moved in we had a few, ice cold showers, before realising that it wasn't that we hadn't figured out how the boiler worked and more just the shower was stupid :tongue:

There is no convention except that the hot tap of a bath must be nearest the wall/corner. When installing kitchen sink mixers I always fit the cold on the left since most folk are right handed and filling a pot or kettle leaves the left hand free.

That's the way it should be! Our kettle always gets filled from the hot water tap because of that! (well, that and that our sink is on the right so the kettle is on the right anyway).

Why the hot water nearest wall/corner in a bath? Mine isn't.

Top Bottom