Is there a metalworking hobbyist in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
What machine is it ? I have just dismantled a Beko and have inlet and drain pipes, if there any use to you.

The machine lives in the sideboard anyway

Why do you keep it in the sideboard ?

If I had to cut out a section, I would use a Dremel type tool with a cutting disc, then split a hose pipe or similar along its length, and put it over the cut panel before tinkering inside,

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Pair of tin snips will cut it and yourself probally.If you go down this route drill a couple of pilot holes to start yourself of.You might find it easier to cut it out in bits if that makes sense.Drill a hole at all four corners of the hole (presuming it's square).
Get something protective over the cut edges after before messing inside it !

Venod

Eh up
I was pondering this today whilst out riding, thinking how its really not the best solution, washing machines are designed to dismantled, they are also designed to be a stable structure to hold the drum, suspended on springs and stabilized with shock absorbers, if the drum gets uneven loading it can jump about a bit, if you start cutting holes in the panels it could weaken the structure.

D

Deleted member 23692

Take it apart. Seriously.

I took mine apart a few years back to replace the main spindle bearings, and it was surprising easy to do.... Thanks to some superb How Tos on Youtube.

The original bearings went after 3 years of ownership and it's now coming up to its 15 birthday. My work is (at least) 4 times better Hotpoint

Top Bottom