Is there a name for this...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geekinaseat

I kinda hope other people do this and it's not just me...

I sometimes go out on my bike without a destination in mind, I just spot the next cyclist up the road and have an imaginary race with them. Once they are despatched (read: I cycle past pretending not to race them) or they get away (this obviously never happens, ever) I just go on in the same direction until I spot the next target and repeat until completely lost or collapse exhausted in a sweaty mess.

Just me then? I'll get my coat.

Firestorm

Veteran
I kinda hope other people do this and it's not just me...

I sometimes go out on my bike without a destination in mind, I just spot the next cyclist up the road and have an imaginary race with them. Once they are despatched (read: I cycle past pretending not to race them) or they get away (this obviously never happens, ever) I just go on in the same direction until I spot the next target and repeat until completely lost or collapse exhausted in a sweaty mess.

Just me then? I'll get my coat.

Target motivated interval training

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
the commuting version of this is known as SCR (Silly commuter racing):whistle:

oops i was just about to say thats what i did when i used to commute in London. It helped take my mind of the more difficult days and allowed me the illusion i was improving.

I no longer commute in our fair city. I ride purely for pleasure as i am a grown up now :giggle:

Born2die

It's all about scalping someone legs on fire lungs in throat body all used up but you have to look like your off down the shops for a pootle. I came back off a gruelling 25 mile hill route and got scalped on the hill home by a spotty chav fag in gob carling in the other well we can't be having that

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
My 'notarace' is slightly different. When the rider I'm 'chasing' has finally disappeared from view, I have to wait for someone else to overtake me......

OP
OP
geekinaseat

geekinaseat

It's all about scalping someone legs on fire lungs in throat body all used up but you have to look like your off down the shops for a pootle.

I'm ok at the legs on fire, lungs in throat and body all used up bits, I just need to work on the rest and I'm good.

Born2die

I'm ok on the bike but last weekend I entered a local comp flipped a 100kg tyre 20 times in a Minuit I thought at the end be cocky swan off like its nothing nope I'm flat on the grass needing CPR

Top Bottom