Is there a problem with the "like" button?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I keep getting multiple "likes" from the same person, at the same time. By that I mean various/different people.
This morning I switched to find (I think) 5.....one person, within a minute.
Sometimes they can be spread over 3 or 4 minutes.
Being popular is something I have had to learn to cope with all my life :laugh::rolleyes: but I fear thats not the case here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Same post(s)?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I keep getting multiple "likes" from the same person, at the same time. By that I mean various/different people.
This morning I switched to find (I think) 5.....one person, within a minute.
Sometimes they can be spread over 3 or 4 minutes.
Being popular is something I have had to learn to cope with all my life :laugh::rolleyes: but I fear thats not the case here.
I'm at a bit of a loss I'm afraid as the mods don't have access to the more technical bits of the site. I'm sure @Shaun will sort it easily when he looks in next.

In the meantime you could try clearing the cache on your device which quite often sorts out small glitches like this.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
If I knew what my cache was and how to clear it I would :blush:
It's a section of memory that stores working data to help pages load more swiftly and keeps cookies and stuff like that. When it gets full you sometimes get odd errors.

If you search the support or help section in your web browser for "clear cache" it should come up with instrucions on how to do it.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a section of memory that stores working data to help pages load more swiftly and keeps cookies and stuff like that. When it gets full you sometimes get odd errors.

If you search the support or help section in your web browser for "clear cache" it should come up with instrucions on how to do it.
I assume I go into settings and it will be in there somewhere ??
Will I lose anything important if I do that ?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I often get that. I think people quickly read through long threads and if they 'like' one's first post, there is a good chance that they will like the rest too.

I have also noticed people repeat that on other threads shortly afterwards so I assume that they decide to check up on everything posted that day by me.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I assume I go into settings and it will be in there somewhere ??
Will I lose anything important if I do that ?
Yes, it'll be in settings somewhere. For example, I'm using Firefox and for me it's in Options - Privacy & Security - Cookies & Site Data. Firefox gives me the option to clear everything or to do the cookies/site data and the cache seperately. Other browsers will have something similar.

If you clear cookies and site data it will forget your preferences and log you out of any websites you've opted to stay logged in. Just doing the cache should only mean reloading the page you're looking at.

Top Bottom