1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there really a bike bell fairy?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kirst, 28 Jan 2008.

1. Kirst

Kirst Well-Known Member

The week before last, the crappy cheap bell on my bike dinged its last and I replaced it with a fabby Wacky Races bell - Gravel and Rock, the Slag Brothers.

Tonight when I came out of work I found that my bike had an addition - a shiny chrome bell which someone had squeezed onto my handlebars between the existing bell and a light bracket. I don't know if someone did it deliberately (and if they did, I think it might have been a colleague) or if someone wasn't paying attention and secured it to my bike instead of their own.

Anyway, it's irrelevent now because it wasn't secured very well and it flew off when I was coming through the Meadows in the dark and there was no way I was stopping to look for it. I might have a look tomorrow in the daylight.

Weird though, eh no?

2. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Sometimes I concentrate so hard on *not* locking someone elses bike to mine, I neglect to lock my bike, effectively just locking the lock to the stand

3. reminds me of Nora Beloff for some strange reason :girl:...she used to write for the Observer, but probably the name doesn't ring a bell with many...:girl:

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Yep - it will be like the mirrors on old lambrettas - once you get a bell, there will be more :girl:

5. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Are you sure it was your bike?

6. longers

longers Veteran

It is unusual to come back and have more on your bike than when you left it.

7. OP
    OP
    Kirst

Kirst Well-Known Member

99%!

The first time I ever took my bike out and had to lock it somewhere, I spent so long making sure the cable was all the way through both wheels and both ends were held by the lock, I forgot to actually put either the lock or the cable around the stand. It was just outside the court too, so lots of criminals around, but luckily I realised what I'd done before I'd gone too far and went back to sort it.

8. longers

longers Veteran

So Kirst, What happened? Has anyone confessed? :blush:

9. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

If I leave a bell in a bike stand will somebody attach a cycle to it?