Is there really a bike bell fairy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kirst

The week before last, the crappy cheap bell on my bike dinged its last and I replaced it with a fabby Wacky Races bell - Gravel and Rock, the Slag Brothers.

Tonight when I came out of work I found that my bike had an addition - a shiny chrome bell which someone had squeezed onto my handlebars between the existing bell and a light bracket. I don't know if someone did it deliberately (and if they did, I think it might have been a colleague) or if someone wasn't paying attention and secured it to my bike instead of their own.

Anyway, it's irrelevent now because it wasn't secured very well and it flew off when I was coming through the Meadows in the dark and there was no way I was stopping to look for it. I might have a look tomorrow in the daylight.

Weird though, eh no?

Abitrary

Kirst said:
someone wasn't paying attention and secured it to my bike instead of their own.

Sometimes I concentrate so hard on *not* locking someone elses bike to mine, I neglect to lock my bike, effectively just locking the lock to the stand

OP
OP
K

Kirst

Joe24 said:
Are you sure it was your bike?

99%!

Sometimes I concentrate so hard on *not* locking someone elses bike to mine, I neglect to lock my bike, effectively just locking the lock to the stand

The first time I ever took my bike out and had to lock it somewhere, I spent so long making sure the cable was all the way through both wheels and both ends were held by the lock, I forgot to actually put either the lock or the cable around the stand. It was just outside the court too, so lots of criminals around, but luckily I realised what I'd done before I'd gone too far and went back to sort it.

If I leave a bell in a bike stand will somebody attach a cycle to it?

Top Bottom