Is this a motoring offence?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There's a wonderull if maybe apocryphal story of a chap doing his driving test. He'd gone in and filled in the forms then bèen sent out to wait in the car. Examiner was a it alow coming out so he beeped his horn to hurry him up. Examiner arrived and handed him a fail certificate and test was over before he'd started.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There's a wonderull if maybe apocryphal story of a chap doing his driving test. He'd gone in and filled in the forms then bèen sent out to wait in the car. Examiner was a it alow coming out so he beeped his horn to hurry him up. Examiner arrived and handed him a fail certificate and test was over before he'd started.
Probably apocryphal. Examiners let you finish the test even if you failed at the start (probably unless it was the eye test). DAMHIK ;)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Probably apocryphal. Examiners let you finish the test even if you failed at the start (probably unless it was the eye test). DAMHIK ;)

Probably but still a good story. You'd have to be very cocky/stupid.to beep to hurry up your examiner

Another story I can vouch for. A friend duly turned up for her driving test in the driving school car only to fail because the tyres were bald, or at least illegal. Didn't even get to drive. Naturally she played hell with her driving school, but they were still very grudging about paying for her re-test

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Hang on, I was going to go to a garage and have it looked at and fixed if necessary - do I have to ask the insurance company to do it instead?

Top Bottom