Is this a real photo of a real wasp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I just wish they'd leave me alone!
They will if you stop flapping around. :whistle:

Mr Celine

Discordian
A real photo of unreal wasps about to ambush unwary cyclists.

wasps.jpg

U

User33236

[QUOTE 4801568, member: 259"]I've climbed up Sigiriya and it's flipping terrifying - the hornets would be the least of your worries![/QUOTE]
Having been up Sigiriya myself my first thought was that 'they would never allow public access to something like this in the UK'* and that was before getting to the hornets.

*thought amended for compatibility with a family friendly forum.

Looks like it has been focus stacked. You get a thin depth of field at that magnification and only a small part is in focus - hence focus stacking which involves taking say 5 or more shots with different bits in focus and then merging them with software into one shot where everything is in focus.
I've never heard of focus stacking, but what you say makes sense. Even in the best light I cannot get that depth-of-field in the close-ups I take. I'm going to check it out.

U

User33236

I've never heard of focus stacking, but what you say makes sense. Even in the best light I cannot get that depth-of-field in the close-ups I take. I'm going to check it out.
Best method it so to mount the camera on rails attached to a tripod and move the camera forward in small, equal, increments between each shot. There are other methods of zooming the camera or adjusting focus point between shots but it is extremely difficult to maintain the fine steps of the first method.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom