Is this acceptable - building waste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bob the idiot builder has started yet another extension. There is no planning permission for this one. He's pulled down the conservatory.

Do I put up with this or let the council know - it's shared land after the tree near the lamp post, not his garden. He's been told to move stuff before fly tipping building materials here.

View: https://flic.kr/p/2mzHHLG

si_c

Guru
Report all of it - the fly tipping and the improper demolition and lack of planning permission for building an extension.

Especially if he's done it before.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
He's an idiot, report it.

God knows what he is thinking.....
a, he's already been in trouble for dumping on that ground.
b, he has a perfectly good driveway he could be filling and park on the road, therefore avoiding the issue.
c, just get a skip and fill it as you go, not handling all that material twice then (presumably by hand too?).

si_c

Guru
Looks like he's wrecking the greenery too, damaging all the bushes and then impinging on the footpath.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i would report the fly tipping, as for planning permission, you dont always need it, as there is such a thing as permitted development

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
There have been some fairly radical changes to permitted development rights in relation to residential extensions in the last couple of years so he may not need planning. That is not to say he doesn't need to comply with health and safety and building regs.

postman

Legendary Member
Ask them what their policy is over leaving building waste on th e highway,bet he gets a shock,phone in,it will be there months.

Drago

Legendary Member
Grass him up. He deserves it for being too tight/disorganized to arrange a skip with the necessary highway permit.

While you're at it grass him up to planning for having a shed in the front garden.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The council were out like a shot last time - caught his wife and had words - it was promptly removed. He actually had a skip there last week, but full of household waste and stuff from 'other clients' - I've logged it with fly tipping as it's getting excessive - growing daily.

Top Bottom