Is this any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Link is broken

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Link is broken

Product Details

This Air Flow turbo trainer is a fan resistance trainer that is ideal for helping you keep up with your training during the cold winter months or if you do not wish to go out in the rain. The turbo trainer fits 26" wheeled bikes and has silver coloured oversized steel tubing to provide your bike with stability when you are training in your house. this trainer includes industry grade bearings with shock absorbing bushes, allowing you to pedal fast and hard in your training workout. A large roller drum incorporating CNC machined weights provides you with adequate resistance to simulate training conditions you might encounter on the road. With the Air Flow turbo trainer, you will be able to keep your training schedule regardless of what the weather is doing outside your home. Buy from Tesco
  • £65.92
  • WAS £89.81
  • Save £23.89
  • 65 Clubcard points
Is this any help Venge'? :thumbsup:

Mr Haematocrit

Found it using search on tesco.com.
It looks cheaply made to me and it does not feature a lot of support round the base, and te only review of it seems to support this.

Bought this so I could ride inside but it is so noisy I had to ride in the garden. It also felt unstable as it would rock from side to side so I took it back

Although I have not used it myself, it looks pretty unsuitable long term and I would not give it my money

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Mr Haematocrit

Strange thing is when its brought on its own its £139.99 but when brought in a bundle with A front wheel raiser its only £116.
It seems to get reasonable reviews on halfords, wiggle and most other sites and it looks reasonably well made compared to the tesco one.
Looks a better bet imho but equally sites such as wiggle have a wide selection which may be worth looking at before making your mind up

RWright

Guru
I was thinking about a turbo trainer and went to youtube to see what was there. Some of them are very loud. It may influence your decision if you listen to them.

craven2354

I have a secret source that says a halfords turbo trainer will be £90 after Christmas I don't know which one though :smile:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was thinking about a turbo trainer and went to youtube to see what was there. Some of them are very loud. It may influence your decision if you listen to them.

The last thing i want is anything noisy! I had a rowing machine years ago, the next door neighbour constantly complained about "the noise". He later complained about "the noise" from my fish tank air filter. So you see i might have problems with a loud turbo trainer!;)

Top Bottom