Is this bike any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...cJzAijlXW4hYdP8D0DZuIhoCn8bw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds I'm still searching for a bike that'll probably have to last me more or less the rest of my cycling days. So i don't want to rush into it,as you can probably tell as i've been asking new bike advice for the last 9 or 10 months.:smile:
It has a triple chain set which is the main requirement, it has a carbon frame and it's way below a thousand quid in price!

matiz

Guru
It seems excellent value for money I'm tempted to add to my stable

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...cJzAijlXW4hYdP8D0DZuIhoCn8bw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds I'm still searching for a bike that'll probably have to last me more or less the rest of my cycling days. So i don't want to rush into it,as you can probably tell as i've been asking new bike advice for the last 9 or 10 months.:smile:
It has a triple chain set which is the main requirement, it has a carbon frame and it's way below a thousand quid in price!
top bike for the money - a lot of people on here with cubes and seem to rate them highly, see if you can get a test ride.( i never have) and if its the right size, bobs your uncle

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the agree is the sportier frame. I'm sure if you use the search function some feedback will come up

Looks good though

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
top bike for the money - a lot of people on here with cubes and seem to rate them highly, see if you can get a test ride.( i never have) and if its the right size, bobs your uncle

I had a try on one on Saturday. Very nice though it would be after riding a 27lb/12,24Kgs aluminium road bike for the last 15 years! It's unusual to find such a reduction in price for my size(58cm)so i'm tempted before they all go.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had a try on one on Saturday. Very nice though it would be after riding a 27lb/12,24Kgs aluminium road bike for the last 15 years! It's unusual to find such a reduction in price for my size(58cm)so i'm tempted before they all go.
Go for it :smile: track through quidco for some cash back

Onyer

Give in to temptation. It's a good bike for the money and will last a long time. You can upgrade the components and wheels later.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cubes come up small. 56cm might fit if you ride a 54. Has 54.5cm horizontal tt

How tall is the OP if the 58 fits?

vickster

Legendary Member
You said you sat on it. How did it feel?

You can google for the geometry. More racy bikes seem to be ridden on a smaller frame compared to a relaxed geometry. In my experience, if between sizes go smaller not bigger

SteCenturion

I am your Father
6ft with a 34 inch inside leg. Do you think it'll be big enough?
I am 6ft with 33" inside leg Accy & I have a 58cm Cube Peloton which fits great.

At worst you might need a slightly longer stem, you could pay from £10 > £120 but no need to go to the max.

As a rule of thumb, you can make a small frame bigger but not a big frame smaller *without serious compromises anyway*.

That 58 Agree at CRC costs less than my aluminium Peloton did, albeit with 10 speed 105 rather than the Agrees Tiagra.

Last thing..

Why do you need a triple Accy ?

A modern 50/34 compact with a nice cassette range of 11>28 upto 11>32 will get you up pretty much anything.

A triple just adds weight, more moving parts, more to go wrong & wear out, the advantages are negligible these days.

Have a look at Pauls Cycles too, I am pretty sure they have the 2014 Agree.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I am 6ft with 33" inside leg Accy & I have a 58cm Cube Peloton which fits great.

At worst you might need a slightly longer stem, you could pay from £10 > £120 but no need to go to the max.

As a rule of thumb, you can make a small frame bigger but not a big frame smaller *without serious compromises anyway*.

That 58 Agree at CRC costs less than my aluminium Peloton did, albeit with 10 speed 105 rather than the Agrees Tiagra.

Last thing..

Why do you need a triple Accy ?

A modern 50/34 compact with a nice cassette range of 11>28 upto 11>32 will get you up pretty much anything.

A triple just adds weight, more moving parts, more to go wrong & wear out, the advantages are negligible these days.

Have a look at Pauls Cycles too, I am pretty sure they have the 2014 Agree.

Arghh! There are so many out there! Paul's don't give descriptions of the bikes(as far as i can see). I've always gone for a triple as i'm sure of buying something that'll get me up steep hills,whereas double chainsets could be hard work.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Arghh! There are so many out there! Paul's don't give descriptions of the bikes(as far as i can see). I've always gone for a triple as i'm sure of buying something that'll get me up steep hills,whereas double chainsets could be hard work.
A "Double" can be Accy but a Compact or Compact/Double as it is sometimes referred to is anything but.

Take a poll of cyclist who use a Compact & you will soon see mate.

Trust me... I'm a docker. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A "Double" can be Accy but a Compact or Compact/Double as it is sometimes referred to is anything but.

Take a poll of cyclist who use a Compact & you will soon see mate.

Trust me... I'm a docker. :biggrin:

So from this site http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/offers.php?cat=7 could you recommend a bike with a Compact chainset that'll be as good as a triple, and between 500 and 1000 quid in the reduced section if possible?;)

Top Bottom