Is this bike any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have you looked at ribble, Planet X and Dolan for sub 1k carbon?

I keep saying i'll have a look to Ribble bikes,but i'm without car at the moment which is a problem. Maybe paying them a visit and telling them what i want would be better than doing the bike build thing online?

vickster

Legendary Member
Go have a look :smile: I know a couple of guys with those, both more than happy. Indeed, one replaced his after killing it in a crash! How much would the same bike cost new with warranty from ribble? If anything will give you some negotiation room

Ask the seller for a copy of the receipt, online sale. Easy to get a copy from his ribble account. Just so you are 100% sure of its provenance

vickster

Legendary Member
I keep saying i'll have a look to Ribble bikes,but i'm without car at the moment which is a problem. Maybe paying them a visit and telling them what i want would be better than doing the bike build thing online?
Indeed. No public transport there? Cycle there, can't recall if you have a non trashed bike :smile:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Go have a look :smile: I know a couple of guys with those, both more than happy. Indeed, one replaced his after killing it in a crash! How much would the same bike cost new with warranty from ribble? If anything will give you some negotiation room

Ask the seller for a copy of the receipt, online sale. Easy to get a copy from his ribble account. Just so you are 100% sure of its provenance

The Ultegra groupset costs nearly a grand http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-680...u=5360675075uk&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm so it does seem a bit of a bargain. Yes i'd ask to see the receipt before going any further.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Ultegra groupset costs nearly a grand http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-680...u=5360675075uk&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm so it does seem a bit of a bargain. Yes i'd ask to see the receipt before going any further.
How is £470 nearly a grand? Is it the 10 or 11 speed ultegra on the bike?
The decals on those wheels are awful too!

£900 for gran fondo with 11 speed 105 http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sed/r...l-edition?part=SE15GRANFONDO105&sub=conf_SERW

It seems there is little difference between that and ultegra, especially 10 speed

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The Shimano 6800 groupset offers exceptional performance, second only to it's bigger brother Dura-Ace, and delivers smooth and reliable shifting across all 11 gears.

Only 11 gears:ohmy:. That's not going to be much help to me.

vickster

Legendary Member
Who pays RRP for bike parts. Certainly not Ribble :smile:

Personally I can't abide any of those deep wheels, but each to their own.not like you can read the decals when the wheels turn

vickster

Legendary Member
The Shimano 6800 groupset offers exceptional performance, second only to it's bigger brother Dura-Ace, and delivers smooth and reliable shifting across all 11 gears.

Only 11 gears:ohmy:. That's not going to be much help to me.
You get 2x11, so 22

I added to my earlier post

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know what the wheels cost, but the gran fondo with 11 speed ultegra, with 50-34 and 11-32 climbing friendly gearing is a smidge under £1100, £950 sounds a lot for a used bike.
You might also want to check that 58cm is the right size in that bike

I'd buy from Ribble directly if that's the one

Top Bottom