Is this bike good/how much is it worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
I just found this bike online. I would be using it for general use (nothing pro/specific) just from getting from here to there.
1bb51185d1fac366b577a8760d592a6c.png

The description with the bike is:
Brand: Pioneer
Brake Type: Powerful Alloy V - Brakes Type: Mountain Bike
Wheel Size: Aluminium 26 Inches Heat-treated Wheels
Frame Size: 20 inch Alloy Frame Frame Colour: Red
This is a really nice bike. It was bought brand new in 2010 and did not see excessive use or neglect as still got original tyres. The bike just have had a full checke-up/service at local HALFORDS.
It got a proper Gel saddle and a lot of high specs such as heated alloy rims and UNITEK fork tubes. To summarise, the bike's really light (as it weighs only 15 Kilos) and fast to ride.

How much do you think it's worth? and is it a good bike? I know nothing, aha

Ok for scootin aboot but its not my cuppa T

OP
OP
S

Sally D

Then buy it and ride it.

If you buy any bike you should give it the once over. Check all nuts, bolts, cables, grease some parts, lube others. You can do it yourself for an hour or two and £5 but you sound inexperienced so a quick bike shop MOT would be a start.

Pay you money, take your choice. Rather than start with 'How much is x worth', start thinking 'I have £x to spend' then look at that price, offerring that same money for more expensive bikes if you see any.

Good luck.

I have around £50 to spend. I think I could get the Giant bike for £50 and it seems decent value for money. But as the person says it's been 'stood around and could do with a service' I don't wanna end up with a bad cond bike. + I wouldn't know how to check for the stuff you posted in the list. Also to get it serviced/fixed locally I'm looking at around another £50

Swmbo as a ridgeback Terrain up for grabs if you are interested. It is 21 speed size M 17"/43cm
The bike is 12 months old but as seen quite a bit of use upto 2 months ago (used for commuting, she now as another bike.) It as a few scrapes on it and a bit of rust on exposed bolt heads but if you are interested I will give it a good clean up/ lube and service, it runs fine.

DSCN0635.jpg

Will accept £50 collection from Bradford area :smile:

OP
OP
S

Sally D

694a902bde8240b8e962839214ad652d.png

What do you guys think this is worth?
CARRERA VULCAN MOUNTAIN BIKE
CARRERA VULCAN MOUNTAIN BIKE
ALUMINUM FRAME
21 SPEED
SHIMANO GEARS
ARAYA VP20 RIMS
SR SUNTOUR FORKS
18 INCH ADULTS FRAME
HAND BUILT

Big boy

Buying a bike is a bit of a mine field, pics can be deceptive.
I recently bought a mountain bike for 20 quid, it was in a christian run second hand shop.
To be honest i was more interested in the bar ends, knowing that this place sells bikes for peanuts.
On closer inspection , spinning the wheels and findin them as true as you gonna get on a used bike i bought it.
Its steel framed and all that that but it fits me nice, gears are very slick.
To be honest i cant fault it ive put a narrower set of tires on it , so it sets me back 60 quid.
The fit is the important thing , that and if it needs money spending on it .

D

Deleted member 1258

I just found this bike online. I would be using it for general use (nothing pro/specific) just from getting from here to there.
1bb51185d1fac366b577a8760d592a6c.png

The description with the bike is:
Brand: Pioneer
Brake Type: Powerful Alloy V - Brakes Type: Mountain Bike
Wheel Size: Aluminium 26 Inches Heat-treated Wheels
Frame Size: 20 inch Alloy Frame Frame Colour: Red
This is a really nice bike. It was bought brand new in 2010 and did not see excessive use or neglect as still got original tyres. The bike just have had a full checke-up/service at local HALFORDS.
It got a proper Gel saddle and a lot of high specs such as heated alloy rims and UNITEK fork tubes. To summarise, the bike's really light (as it weighs only 15 Kilos) and fast to ride.

How much do you think it's worth? and is it a good bike? I know nothing, aha

Looks like its got horizontal drop outs, get it for as little as you can and convert it to fixed.

Top Bottom