Is this just a POS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

it's probably alright... given that there are very few parts to go wrong on a fixie ( that's the point for me ) then the likelihood of it going badly wrong is quite limited.

BSOs in my opinion are usually let down by poor wheels (crap hubs in particular) and poor gearing systems. might be worth finding out what parts are on the bike.

Frames are usually alright, so long as they're straight.

It does look like it;s been built with a fashionista in mind. the gearing on there is pretty low so wouldn't be built for someone who likes to cycle far or fast. just some shoreditch fakenger that wants to ponce around on the latest big thing.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO
NO
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Do a search on uni pack bikes on google or London FGSS. You will see the comments on there on how bad they are.
They are utter shite, stay well away!
I built my fixed up for under £210, its now only just cost me over £210(i think) because i have upgraded things or things have broke and ive needed to replace them.
Look around for a cheap frame, and build a bike up cheap-ish.
Dont get one of those things.

ChrisKH

Guru
Joe24 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO
NO
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Do a search on uni pack bikes on google or London FGSS. You will see the comments on there on how bad they are.
They are utter shite, stay well away!
I built my fixed up for under £210, its now only just cost me over £210(i think) because i have upgraded things or things have broke and ive needed to replace them.
Look around for a cheap frame, and build a bike up cheap-ish.
Dont get one of those things.

Yes but we've seen what happened to your cheap parts Joe. :rolleyes::smile:

I don't think it's all that bad, it's cheap because the frame is uncomplicated (no braze ons) and made from plain gauge HiTen and because it has no mechs, cassette, shifters etc. When one sees the kind of really-quite-good bikes available for £200+ with 21 speeds, canti braze ons and the like, this may not be the abomination that people expect at £160. Our forebears were happy to ride around on HiTen, I think people are being way too snobby. It's cheap but it's not a POS.

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Don't mickle, don't do this to me.

E

Euan Uzami

shouldn't anything with a red chain start ringing alarm bells?

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
What I was gonna say Joe, but in theory I suppose he could be right. It really is a fashion statement bike, but then again, I don't care cos I want it as a bit of fun, so it looking nice would not detract for me...

Top Bottom