Is this the cheapest beer in the world?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KiterStu

Now that’s interesting. Ghana is one of the places I’ve considered spending the winter. I’ve never been there before but I am a bit of a fussy drinker. It would be really encouraging to find that there is decent beer at a reasonable price.

Gwylan

Veteran
Now that’s interesting. Ghana is one of the places I’ve considered spending the winter. I’ve never been there before but I am a bit of a fussy drinker. It would be really encouraging to find that there is decent beer at a reasonable price.

Great place. Just watch out for the home brew.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can get a decent beer here but there's not a huge choice @KiterStu .
No1 favourite brand is Club which has been around for years. There's Guinness of course and runners up in the popularity stakes are Gulder and Star. I prefer Gulder as it's more of a 'european' taste. There's also Stone which is quite strong but can't remember the percentage.

IMG_20230818_181844.jpg

Gwylan

Veteran
Sounds like Stones Bitter! dreadful muck

In the dark days beer in Russia was like that. Actually finding anything safe or not radioactive was a challenge.

Green tea, that you made yourself, was the go-to. Then let it cool and add a dose of vodka.
Makes one so d desperate.

Our briefing included a map of the metro, but labelled in cyrilisch.
And the advice not to buy vodka, in plastic water bottles, from drunks lurking around the metro entrances

Reactions: DRM
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
IMG_20230818_181844.jpg

Might interest you all to know that current price for these is 85p.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Factoring the cost of petrol in a car to dock / plain / train - or cost of airtravel / boat to Ghana I suspect it might not be a bargain...

Top Bottom