Is this the cheapest beer in the world?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KiterStu

Well-Known Member
Location
Rickmansworth
Now that’s interesting. Ghana is one of the places I’ve considered spending the winter. I’ve never been there before but I am a bit of a fussy drinker. It would be really encouraging to find that there is decent beer at a reasonable price.
 

Gwylan

Guru
Location
All at sea⛵
Now that’s interesting. Ghana is one of the places I’ve considered spending the winter. I’ve never been there before but I am a bit of a fussy drinker. It would be really encouraging to find that there is decent beer at a reasonable price.

Great place. Just watch out for the home brew.
 
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Location
Accra, Ghana
You can get a decent beer here but there's not a huge choice @KiterStu .
No1 favourite brand is Club which has been around for years. There's Guinness of course and runners up in the popularity stakes are Gulder and Star. I prefer Gulder as it's more of a 'european' taste. There's also Stone which is quite strong but can't remember the percentage.

IMG_20230818_181844.jpg
 

Gwylan

Guru
Location
All at sea⛵
Sounds like Stones Bitter! dreadful muck

In the dark days beer in Russia was like that. Actually finding anything safe or not radioactive was a challenge.

Green tea, that you made yourself, was the go-to. Then let it cool and add a dose of vodka.
Makes one so d desperate.

Our briefing included a map of the metro, but labelled in cyrilisch.
And the advice not to buy vodka, in plastic water bottles, from drunks lurking around the metro entrances
 
  • Like
Reactions: DRM
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Location
Accra, Ghana
IMG_20230818_181844.jpg

Might interest you all to know that current price for these is 85p.
 

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Factoring the cost of petrol in a car to dock / plain / train - or cost of airtravel / boat to Ghana I suspect it might not be a bargain...
 
Top Bottom