Is this the UK's poshest bike shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ooo, a few £14,000 Parlees and lots of £10,000 Speshes and Treks.

I think we might have a winner.
Sigmasport usually have a few 10k+ bikes on the shop floor. They had a lush red Parlee for a while.
Current 10k+ Selection
https://www.sigmasports.com/bikes/road-bikes#pb[]=08&page=1&filters={}
They rarely have any bikes under £800 in store

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
In the also ran category is Cycle Art in Prudhoe, Northumberland.

Among their brands is Cervelo, Colnago, and Reilly, so four figure prices rather than five.

Me and a mate called in for a nose and to use the cafe.

We were made welcome, and the staff member who served us even wandered outside to have a closer look at my Riese and Muller ebike.

It does have a Rohloff hub and decent components elsewhere, so it just about passed muster.

The shop is on a small industrial estate, directly opposite Giant 'Newcastle', which isn't, it's in Prudhoe but that's another marketing story.

Someone told me the same guy owns both shops. so I expect the Giant one provides his bread and butter.

http://cycle-art.co.uk/

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
My friend in our village bought his fancy Parlee from there, he already owns a high end 6 series Trek Madone and an S-Works Venge amongst others!
An advantage I suppose of not having children to pay for.
Apparently Push Cartel provided a superb service and the staff were really friendly and knowledgeable.

Last edited:
SNIP ... I couldn't see "artisan" anywhere, which is a small relief, I guess.
Your small relief was premature I'm afraid. From the Bespoke Builds page they have:
'We will ascertain the build and delivery times for every part of your commission. Your components will be hand crafted by artisans from workshops around the world, and assembled by ourselves with the precision and skill that comes only from years of experience working with the finest manufacturers.'

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Good luck to them if they can make a business solely from those prepared to spend thousands, but I wonder if there are many of those customers, even in a wealthy area such as the Lake District.

https://www.pushcartel.co.uk/
Footballers perhaps? If they have a hankering to get on two wheels I can see this place being their first stop. At least the repair bIill won't be quite so horrific as a Lambo or Ferrari if crashed.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
One of the County Durham-based roadies on here might know of it
Sorry @Pale Rider I'm not really a high end shop type and don't know of it. I find the staff in Infinity Cycles too snooty for my liking.

My local shop is less than a mile from home, the have another branch in Epworth Lincs
Seen a few of the Knottla lads when I've been down home and they're very positive about the shop. Didn't realise it was John Tanner's though. He ripped my legs off on a few training rides when he was nobbut a bairn. Coincidentally, Mike Ward would have been on those rides and his Dad, Duncan, had the bike shop back in Epworth in those days.

YellowV2

Veteran
Another from Sigmasports for you:

https://www.sigmasports.com/bikes/road-bikes#brand[]=festka&pb[]=08&page=1&filters={}

They are very pleasant people to do business with, IMO.
Why the envy of those able to afford these kind of bikes btw?

AndyRM

XOXO
Despite your snotty snipe at me, I'm pleased to hear they are generally welcoming.

I get the impression you've recently moved to the North East, but there is a little-known high end roadie shop in Durham City at which the owner is known in the trade for his poor attitude to those who he judges not to be buyers.

I keep on meaning to call in on my ebike which I'm told would send him into apoplexy, but I've never nailed down the exact address.

One of the County Durham-based roadies on here might know of it - @jongooligan?

Some nice ebikes on the Facebook page.

I can at least relate to those, which I can't a '£10,000+ bespoke build'.

Snotty snipe? That's rich, coming from you, especially considering your OP.

Not that it matters, but I've lived here for the best part of 20 years.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Sorry @Pale Rider I'm not really a high end shop type and don't know of it. I find the staff in Infinity Cycles too snooty for my liking.

No probs, I'm told the shop is in a side street somewhere in Dragonville and doesn't have a traditional shop front, so unless you knew it was there you wouldn't find it.

I've been into Infinity a couple of times, they were supposed to email me when a Cube ebike came into stock, but never did.

Two of my mates have bought £1,000 gravel bikes from them, a Cube and a Ridley.

Both transactions were satisfactory as far as I can gather.

The guy who owns Infinity is quite young - mid 20s when he started it - to own what is quite a big bike shop, so he's done well in business.

I know his landlord, this being the global village that is the North East.

Nibor

Bewildered
They don't custom build frames so the bikes are merely assembled and not really bespoke.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom