Is this worth £400?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PMB

09 Cannondale CAAD5 hardly used

Cost £1k new

I have the chance to buy this but am struggling to find anyothers for sale to compare it to. Seems ok to me, but I'd like any opinins

Thanks

I am Spartacus

Über Member
PMB said:
09 Cannondale CAAD5 hardly used

Cost £1k new

I have the chance to buy this but am struggling to find anyothers for sale to compare it to. Seems ok to me, but I'd like any opinins

Thanks
With 105?
AN 09 1k bike for 400?
Is it 'cos you want carbon that u hesitate?

OP
OP
P

PMB

No, the situation is that my girlfriend cannot find a decent womens bike but this is just the right size for her. The one she wants is ready in Jan 2010!! so we need a bike until then. Hopefully we will be able to sell it for the same price as we pay. I dont really know too much about bikes so all help appreciated

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Put it this way - I paid £500 just for a CAAD 5 frame and forks (a few years back) and I love that bike! B)

redcar_tarn_keighley_wide.jpg

OP
OP
P

PMB

Thanks for posts, think I will dive in and who knows, she might like it enough to keep it!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
just a thought PMB- if you're buying off ebay/gumtree etc make sure it's not a stolen bike (ie find out what the owner knows about the bike, where it was brought, when, what parts replaced etc) as a lot of very cheap bikes on those sites can be hot goods.

MajorMantra

Where are you located actually PMB? just found this.

Matthew

OP
OP
P

PMB

Im in Lancaster, the guy lived in the lake district and is a mate of a guy I know from Wheelbase, but moved to Watford for work so now doesnt get out on bike, My brother in law (lIves in London) has been round to pick it up and it all seemed ok. Thanks for replies, Im going to London to pick it up next weekend so fingers crossed!!

OP
OP
P

PMB

Just read that link, This is a CAAD5 and a triple red in colour so wont be same one. Hope the guy gets his ride back tho ;)

OP
OP
P

PMB

Well, picked it up yest and wow!!

Absolute showroom condition, along with original Wheelbase receipt and brand new computer, saddle bag and water bottles and spare inner tubes, gotta be the bargain of the year, a very good bike for £400

Top Bottom