Is your avatar you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
My avatar is a picture of me, but it is an old picture taken in 2006 when I was a fit 50.

By the time I started organising CycleChat forum rides a few years later I was no longer slim and fit. Most CycleChatters who met me probably noticed the changes but didn't say anything, whereas @I like Skol looked me up and down and said "Oh, you don't look fat in your photo"! :blush:

I've lost the surplus weight and am getting fitter again, but 9 years and a couple of bouts of severe illness have taken their toll. My hair is now thinning and receding, and what is left is rapidly turning grey. :sad:

I'll update the avatar after my 60th birthday in January. It will be something like this ...

View attachment 94464

However, in the new photo I will probably choose not to scowl and will avoid having sunblock-whitened whiskers! :okay:

Still looking good Colin ☺

My avatar is definitely me

It was taken during the ascent of Baildon Hill, during the 2010 edition of the (Bingley Harriers) 'Harriers v Cyclists' race
This race is well established in both the fell-running, & cyclo-cross calendars in the north of England (especially West Yorkshire & the eastern parts of Lancashire)

http://www.bingleyharriers.co.uk/events/harriers-vs-cyclists/

2010. 'Harriers verses Cyclists'. 12.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Still looking good Colin ☺
I just can't get used to looking in the mirror and seeing my father staring back at me! :laugh:

When I finally choose my new avatar, I will make sure that I pick the most flattering picture that I can, at the risk of @I like Skol turning up at one of my forum rides and saying "Oh, you don't look like a knackered pensioner in your photo"! :okay:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I just can't get used to looking in the mirror and seeing my father staring back at me! :laugh:
Lucky you, that you get to see at least a family member. I can't look in the mirror as this older woman keeps getting in the bloomin' way

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lucky you, that you get to see at least a family member. I can't look in the mirror as this older woman keeps getting in the bloomin' way
Yeahbut ... it is my old man as an old man, not as a young man. He died 12 years ago - it feels a bit weird!

I wouldn't mind if I looked in the mirror and saw this version of him ...

uxbs.jpg

Except I would be wondering what I was doing surrounded by huge WWII German parachute mines! :eek:

Top Bottom