Isla bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Probably because Islas only sell direct and the LBS would miss out on a sale otherwise.. ;)

All our LBS stock Isla's too so they must sell via shops as well.

Canrider

Guru
IIRC if you scrutinise the spec you can see where Frog save money, but there's not much in it in terms of general robustness or suitability for small riders, and both seem well worth what you pay for them.

The Beinn small is intended for kids 8+, so the spindly look is most likely a weight-saving exercise, given a kid that age isn't heavy enough to need overbuilt components, particularly forks.

Disclaimer: Currently juggling Master Canrider's growth outstripping Miss Canrider's use of her Cnoc16

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
[QUOTE 2810257, member: 45"]I don't understand that. Isla only sells direct to customers.[/quote]

I suppose there is nothing stopping a bike shop buying some and selling them on? or maybe there is I don't really know all I know is they had 3 there today so ?? Anyhoo very happy with the frog and the price tag attached to it ^_^ hopefully Squidge will be equally ecstatic at Yule!

ikdo01

Über Member
Was also under the impression Isla only sold direct to customers. Are these secondhand ones they're reselling? Can definitely confirm Benin (Small & Large) suitable for off road antics - see avatar - and great all round bikes for children. Would show piccies of the kiddies riding off road and racing on road, but don't seem to be able to - guess I don't have enough posts to allow this yet?

Top Bottom