Isle of Man TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not brave really; they just leave their brains back at the hotel.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
No fear. :biggrin:
I always have mixed emotions when it is on as a friend from uni who was on his placement on the IOM was killed by a bike when he was riding pillion on a friends bike and they were hit.
It must take a certain mentality to do it, a lot of the track riders won't do it as it is so dangerous.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
It's the sidecar racers that give me the willies. And the sheer unevenness of the TT course at 210MPH. In close proximity to dry stone walls.

Motorbike racers are, generally speaking, a sandwich short. My B-I-L, who races speedway, has broken his back three times- he's 4 inches shorter than he was when he was 19- and various other legs/arms/wrists/collarbones at various points in his career. Will he give up?

No.

Another friend still razzes around on a 25-odd year old RD350LC (the renault 5GT turbo of the motorbike world) with scars that make me feel queazy.

mark675

i went last year to watch, its truly amazing the speeds those boys/girls get up to. i rode down bray hill on my motorbike at about 40mph and thought it was a bit bumpy the superbikes do about 170mph down it. its a fantastic thing to see if any of you get the chance to go, its well worth it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A woman who used to have a stall at Hebden Bridge market was on crutches for over a year after suffering a very badly broken leg. I got chatting to her and she told me that she'd been lucky to keep the leg after a bad smash at the Isle of Man TT.

Turned out that she hadn't been riding - she was just a spectator in the wrong place at the wrong time and got hit by a crashing rider! :ohmy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
My (sadly late) old school pal in the IOM left a widow whose face looks like she got hit by a TT rider; I don't rate her chances of remarrying, unfortunately.

Top Bottom