Isle of Wight Randonee, Sun 3rd May 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
As a cyclist, you should know that the wind is always in the wrong direction, even when riding a circular route ...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'll be on a Dahon (not that common last year), wearing lots of black, and a very loud jersey (how loud? Metallica loud!). Simple.

montage

God Almighty
I will be on a red felt, red helmet, with grey and black jersey I guess. Might bother to put something on the handlebars (blue tape idea?) but not fussed.

montage

God Almighty
Better idea...why don't we all ride in the opposite direction to everybody else? It will be easy to see the cycle chatters then :smile:

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Good idea, Montage. Maybe fit CycleChat-branded spikes on the front, for easier progress through the crowds?

Paulus said:
With that fairing on you may not need to pedal on some parts of the island if the wind is in the right direction;)

My fairing is bigger!

PB120148.jpg
[/IMG]

I still have a speed wobble on the wheel I buckled and am awaiting replacements so ifthey arrive I will be on the Catrike, however I don't fancy such a long trip with a dodgy wheel, especially with the speeds on some of those downhills!

So I may end up on the Thorn as ithasn't hasn't done the trip yet.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Cunobelin said:
My fairing is bigger!

PB120148.jpg
[/IMG]

I still have a speed wobble on the wheel I buckled and am awaiting replacements so ifthey arrive I will be on the Catrike, however I don't fancy such a long trip with a dodgy wheel, especially with the speeds on some of those downhills!

So I may end up on the Thorn as ithasn't hasn't done the trip yet.

Those walls and those pebbles look familiar!

... and so they should!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
stoatsngroats said:
...and is that 'The Green man' Cunobelin....?

I think I passed Cunobelin in last year's Randonee, in which case his Avatar is actually just a picture of him.:laugh:

Thanks!

r2008_10.jpg

Me leaving a checkpoint from the CycleIsland site (with the small fairing).

The piccie of the trike was at the "Round Tower" in Southsea

2PedalsTez

Über Member
I am really looking forward to riding the island again. I used to live there and the best bit was the bike rides. I am not convinced that I will enjoy it as much as I used to (older, fatter and less fit!).

I called Wightlink to enquire about booking as a 'foot passenger' and was told (with a laugh) 'don't worry you will be fine, just turn up'!!. I was planning to travel either 8.00 or 9.00 ferry from Portsmouth..

Top Bottom