Isle of Wight Randonee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Probably, depending on work . This will be my 10th time.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I had this in mind, Ruth, but there's a Friday Night Ride on, er, the Friday night! I'm considering how I can manage to do both, otherwise I'll have to make a decision soon I think.
I'm thinking of doing both. But then I'm somewhat nearer the ferry! :smile:

2PedalsTez

Über Member
First year in a long time that I won't be riding this (riding a sportive in Somerset). Shame, clockwise is the best direction too

OP
OP
R

RUTHIEBAV

I had this in mind, Ruth, but there's a Friday Night Ride on, er, the Friday night! I'm considering how I can manage to do both, otherwise I'll have to make a decision soon I think.

Hmmm choices, choices!
Is your fitness up to both? Mind it's very hilly on Isle of Wight! You can decide close to the day.

OP
OP
R

RUTHIEBAV

Missed last year due to a reunion, I am negotiating!

Sounds like you could do with negotiating the OH onto a bike, solves a lot of problems!

2PedalsTez

Über Member
It's hard to fit it all in isn't it. You're not far from me, are you doing the New Forest Wiggle in April?

I certainly am! I did that last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so felt like a good idea to do again this year. I'm riding the Saturday. Fingers crossed the weather is as good as last year too :smile:

Well I don't know, but I'm doing the London to John O'Groats Fridays tour, so I need to be practising riding the miles day after day! It's more about how I get from Southend on Saturday morning to the island by the end of the day. I have a motorhome now, so I could grab some sleep in Southend then drive down and base myself on a site on the island ready for the Sunday morning.

If you use the Camber Jetty ferry to Fishbourne then it is a short hop to the Kite Hill campsite

Depending how close you want to be to the start you can camp about 6 feet from the checkpoint!

OP
OP
R

RUTHIEBAV

I certainly am! I did that last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so felt like a good idea to do again this year. I'm riding the Saturday. Fingers crossed the weather is as good as last year too :smile:
I was out for a cycle last year and got caught up in it by chance. It looked like fun so we've booked onto the Sunday one. We're hoping the kids can have a sleepover at my Mum's on Saturday night. If it works out we should have a lovely kid free day. Can't wait!

Top Bottom