Isn't 5th Gear an awful TV show?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Agreed 100%. Wouldnt even try to watch it anymore....only ever did a few times...christ, what a load of dross.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
It can't be any good, its made by a commercial channel, subsidised by me every time I go and buy any products that just so happen to be advertised on commercial TV as the manufacturers don't advertise out of the goodness of their heart, they pass the cost on to the consumer.
I demand a 25% reduction in my box of soap powder as I do not, nor ever will, watch that drivel.
They don't even have a decent magazine to cover the cost of producing the show !
No, they pass it all onto consumers !!
I say let all those peeps who subscribe to Sky pay for it.

Membrane

Don't get 5th gear here, but surely it can't be any worse than Vroom-vroom on Sky one? Although by your descriptions of it (very badly aped TG stuff), it sounds similar.

Cab

Elmer Fudd said:
I demand a 25% reduction in my box of soap powder as I do not, nor ever will, watch that drivel.

Actually, if someone were to prepare a list of companies that don't advertise, that don't spend money on telling me about their product, I'd scour that list for things to buy to replace any products that are thus advertised.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Cab said:
Actually, if someone were to prepare a list of companies that don't advertise, that don't spend money on telling me about their product, I'd scour that list for things to buy to replace any products that are thus advertised.
Snap!! I hate the way TV adverts are louder than the TV prog you are watching, just so they can get their subliminal message through to you as you nip into the kitchen / bog.

Top Bottom