Isparta-Istanbul Bike Tour (1505 km)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aytu_14

Hello, I will share the article of a tour I did in 2017 with you every day. I wrote a little long article. I will share it in the next 20-25 days. I translated my writing into English. I hope I succeeded.

HOW STARTED?

I studied high school in Gökçeada Teacher Training High School in a boarding school. As someone who grew up in Istanbul until my high school education, I can say that I never knew the appearance of the stars, that indescribable fragrance that comes with the wind blowing in the spring. It was not difficult to imagine being in nature when you feel these in Gökçeada and smell the appearance of concrete and exhaust fumes in Istanbul during vacation times. I had an intense desire to travel back then. I was excited by the thought of sleeping in tents in parks, on beaches like a hopper. I wanted to be in nature, to feel the wind and the sun, to smell the sea and the forest, to sleep by seeing the night stars and the moon. These were the things that really made me feel alive.

When I was dreaming of traveling, I never thought of getting on a private vehicle or bus. I thought I would do it with hitchhiking. I could only do this at university. I was already hitchhiking in the last year of high school. The pleasure I get from conversations with people I don't know brought me closer to this job. As time progressed, for some reason, suitable conditions did not occur and I could not start. I wanted to do it with a couple of friends, I thought it would be boring to do this thing alone. But I couldn't find a friend to make this happen. I could not even convince the 10-15 day tour for a 1-2 day tour, let alone. Maybe I was using this situation as an excuse because I couldn't find the courage to start, who knows…

At the end of my third year at university, I wanted to start this travel dream alone. And this was a sudden decision. One night I fell asleep thinking why I didn't do this, and when I woke up in the morning, I decided to hitchhike from Isparta to Istanbul in a week, traveling over the Aegean and I did it.

I took the first big step by doing this. Although I really enjoyed my hitchhiking tour, something was missing. Something was missing that I could not name.

Why Bicycle?
Like everyone else, I met bicycles at a young age. Of course, I'm not talking about that childhood acquaintance, but why I decided to ride a bike.

To be honest, it did not cross my mind that I could ride my bike until July 2016. I was in Manisa in 2012 - my first year at the university. Although the distance was short, the bus to the university from where we were sitting was traveling a lot. And the bus was expensive too. So I said to myself: “Let me take a bike! I will go to school in a short time and avoid giving money to the bus. " I already bought a small amount of money for the bike in 1-1.5 months. It was the only reason I bought the bike. I brought this bike I bought to Isparta. I only used it for transportation and sports until it was stolen.

In June 2016, I bought a new bicycle for transportation and sports. But this time he wouldn't stay there. I knew from the first moment I started driving this. I started driving first in Istanbul and then in Isparta. In September 2016, the idea of doing long tours started flashing in my mind. I dreamed of coming from Isparta to Istanbul by following the coastline. As of November 2016, I started to buy the materials I needed. In the meantime, I tried to get an idea by reading the writings of people who have toured. Everything happened step by step. I completed the equipment I would use on my bike in 9 months by purchasing 1 or 2 materials each month. Already in my daily life, I started using my bike while going to school. I was physically preparing that way. Then I tried it myself with slightly longer distances. I went on a 3-day tour in Isparta. I went to Eğirdir, Burdur daily. I started to believe that I could really make this work with these tours. The point where I completely believed in this work was the tour I realized from Isparta to Burdur Salda Lake. It was 100 km apart. All my equipment was complete on the Salda Lake tour. And on the way, there were almost difficulties that I could encounter on my Isparta-Istanbul tour. Traffic, roadworks, undivided roads, mountain road, dirt road, steep slopes, strong winds blowing directly from the front, etc. Although I struggled a little, I completed the Salda tour and I was almost completely ready now. I say almost because in my head, albeit very small, I might not have the courage to set out. In order to reduce this fear even more and make it a more driving force for myself, I shared the route I drafted on Instagram as soon as I set my tour date and announced that I would start this event with my friends and community.

1.png

As the journey continued, I made changes to the plan I drew.
"How did I get started on this journey?" If I collect the answer to the question; I wanted to travel for a long time. And I wanted to use the bike as a means of transportation. In fact, I would have understood better throughout the tour that the bicycle was not only my means of transportation, but also my companion I was looking for but could not find.

I came home from my last exam on 10.08.2017. After sleeping a little, I got up and prepared my equipment. I said goodbye to my housemates and turned my first pedal on 11.08.2017 at 05:10 in the morning.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXoxl7kAwC_/

Last edited:
Excellent!^_^
Well done! I'm about as excited as you seemed to be! Can't wait for tomorrow!

I'm curious. Where did you read about other people's travels? Is there a Turkish CrazyGuyOnABike?^_^

There are some really important lessons in there for any prospective bike tourists;
Don't wait for others, get out there with whatever you have and build up confidence, skills and experience. And kick the fear to touch.

Thank you and really looking forward to the rest.

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

Thank you so much :rolleyes:

There are a few relatively famous is touring cyclists in Turkey. One of them is Gürkan Genç. It has its own website. I read the articles he wrote there. There is also Hasan Söylemez. He did a bike tour without money in Turkey. In the last few years, he has been traveling around Africa and making documentaries. You can find it on Youtube. Their have articles, video's subtitles in English language.
While I was thinking about whether I could do such a tour, I discovered the journeys of these two. Then I said to myself, "They're almost going to cycle to the moon. I'm worried about what happens if I come from here to here. I can do it." :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

1. day (Isparta – Antalya) (133 Km)

The weather was not brighter when I set out. I thought that the lights in Isparta would be enough for me until the exit of Isparta and then the air would light up. After 8 km, the lights went out but the weather was not bright. At the exit of Isparta Sav, I waited for 20-25 minutes for the weather to light up. Then I continued on the road.

Isparta has an altitude of 1035 meters. I wanted to reach the sea on the first day. Mostly a very pleasant landing awaited me. I had traveled 82 km until 11 o'clock and the weather was getting hot. I enjoyed cycling through the mountains and forests along the way. I went on tour for this. To be in nature.

2.jpg

I rested for about 5 hours in Ortaköy village at the entrance of Antalya Aksu district. During the tour, I would be careful to rest and not to cycle between 11-15 hours when the temperature is effective. I slept in a mosque in the village because I did not sleep much the previous day. They also turned on the air conditioner during prayer times. It was very good for me. After waking up at 16 o'clock and eating my food, I set off. After about 40 km further, I arrived at the Antalya airport junction. It was around 19 o'clock. I was 25 km away from Konyaaltı beach. I also had energy, but it was rush hour. There was heavy vehicle traffic. Cycling in this traffic would not be enjoyable. In fact, I would take care not to use bicycles in heavy traffic when I was planning my tour. For this reason, I decided to take the tram to the bus station and take the 7.5 km road from there with my bike. I went to the tram at the Antalya junction. I wasn't sure if they were going to buy the bike. At the stop, I did not meet the security guard at first. I called Antalya transportation and explained my situation. The lady on the phone said that it would be okay for me to go as long as I stand in front of the security camera and put the bike somewhere so that it does not disturb other passengers. While I was waiting at the station, I realized that I was actually standing in the wrong direction. The opposite stop was in the direction of the bus station. I didn't notice it at first because the opposite stop was a little behind. And the security guard was also there. Fortunately, I did not meet the security guard at first. When I got to the stop, he said he could not take the bike. I said I had permission from the power plant. Then he called his superior and explained the situation. His supervisor asked the person at the switchboard to call him. I called the switchboard again and explained that I did not see the security guard because I was waiting at the wrong stop. Thanks to the lady at the switchboard, she called the supervisor and said it was okay. In this way, I was able to get on the tram. The security guard said that the bike was actually not bought, and his supervisor was also surprised by this situation. Why not, this is a separate issue, what did these cyclists do to you?

image.png

After reaching the bus station by tram, I went the remaining road and reached Konyaaltı beach. I had achieved my first goal. My current goal was to continue from the shore.

I would spend the night in Konyaaltı beach. I set up my tent in a suitable location. It was around 20.30. After swimming in the sea and cooling off, I took my shower, ate my meal, went to the tent and slept. One hour later, I went out and went to sleep because the inside of the tent was very hot. Because the beach is crowded, I was supposed to sleep with my eyes open to avoid theft. But it didn't happen. I was so tired that if there was a war I would not wake up.

It was 07:00 when I woke up in the morning. I had to get up at 06:00 and hit the road. When I woke up, The tent's door was open. My phone, my wallet were outside. I forgot to turn it off when going out to change my place at night. Thank goodness I did not have a mishap.

I traveled 133 km on the first day. Which has been my personal record.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying your attitude! - wait for the sun to come up, take the tram to avoid the heavy traffic.:becool:

I don't want to be a jackass, but I'm not sure what this means?
When I woke up, the tent's open phone wallet was all around. I forgot to turn it off when going out to change my place at night. Thank goodness I did not have a mishap.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Hello, I will share the article of a tour I did in 2017 with you every day. I wrote a little long article. I will share it in the next 20-25 days. I translated my writing into English. I hope I succeeded.

HOW STARTED?

I studied high school in Gökçeada Teacher Training High School in a boarding school. As someone who grew up in Istanbul until my high school education, I can say that I never knew the appearance of the stars, that indescribable fragrance that comes with the wind blowing in the spring. It was not difficult to imagine being in nature when you feel these in Gökçeada and smell the appearance of concrete and exhaust fumes in Istanbul during vacation times. I had an intense desire to travel back then. I was excited by the thought of sleeping in tents in parks, on beaches like a hopper. I wanted to be in nature, to feel the wind and the sun, to smell the sea and the forest, to sleep by seeing the night stars and the moon. These were the things that really made me feel alive.

When I was dreaming of traveling, I never thought of getting on a private vehicle or bus. I thought I would do it with hitchhiking. I could only do this at university. I was already hitchhiking in the last year of high school. The pleasure I get from conversations with people I don't know brought me closer to this job. As time progressed, for some reason, suitable conditions did not occur and I could not start. I wanted to do it with a couple of friends, I thought it would be boring to do this thing alone. But I couldn't find a friend to make this happen. I could not even convince the 10-15 day tour for a 1-2 day tour, let alone. Maybe I was using this situation as an excuse because I couldn't find the courage to start, who knows…

At the end of my third year at university, I wanted to start this travel dream alone. And this was a sudden decision. One night I fell asleep thinking why I didn't do this, and when I woke up in the morning, I decided to hitchhike from Isparta to Istanbul in a week, traveling over the Aegean and I did it.

I took the first big step by doing this. Although I really enjoyed my hitchhiking tour, something was missing. Something was missing that I could not name.

Why Bicycle?
Like everyone else, I met bicycles at a young age. Of course, I'm not talking about that childhood acquaintance, but why I decided to ride a bike.

To be honest, it did not cross my mind that I could ride my bike until July 2016. I was in Manisa in 2012 - my first year at the university. Although the distance was short, the bus to the university from where we were sitting was traveling a lot. And the bus was expensive too. So I said to myself: “Let me take a bike! I will go to school in a short time and avoid giving money to the bus. " I already bought a small amount of money for the bike in 1-1.5 months. It was the only reason I bought the bike. I brought this bike I bought to Isparta. I only used it for transportation and sports until it was stolen.

In June 2016, I bought a new bicycle for transportation and sports. But this time he wouldn't stay there. I knew from the first moment I started driving this. I started driving first in Istanbul and then in Isparta. In September 2016, the idea of doing long tours started flashing in my mind. I dreamed of coming from Isparta to Istanbul by following the coastline. As of November 2016, I started to buy the materials I needed. In the meantime, I tried to get an idea by reading the writings of people who have toured. Everything happened step by step. I completed the equipment I would use on my bike in 9 months by purchasing 1 or 2 materials each month. Already in my daily life, I started using my bike while going to school. I was physically preparing that way. Then I tried it myself with slightly longer distances. I went on a 3-day tour in Isparta. I went to Eğirdir, Burdur daily. I started to believe that I could really make this work with these tours. The point where I completely believed in this work was the tour I realized from Isparta to Burdur Salda Lake. It was 100 km apart. All my equipment was complete on the Salda Lake tour. And on the way, there were almost difficulties that I could encounter on my Isparta-Istanbul tour. Traffic, roadworks, undivided roads, mountain road, dirt road, steep slopes, strong winds blowing directly from the front, etc. Although I struggled a little, I completed the Salda tour and I was almost completely ready now. I say almost because in my head, albeit very small, I might not have the courage to set out. In order to reduce this fear even more and make it a more driving force for myself, I shared the route I drafted on Instagram as soon as I set my tour date and announced that I would start this event with my friends and community.

View attachment 568757
As the journey continued, I made changes to the plan I drew.
"How did I get started on this journey?" If I collect the answer to the question; I wanted to travel for a long time. And I wanted to use the bike as a means of transportation. In fact, I would have understood better throughout the tour that the bicycle was not only my means of transportation, but also my companion I was looking for but could not find.

I came home from my last exam on 10.08.2017. After sleeping a little, I got up and prepared my equipment. I said goodbye to my housemates and turned my first pedal on 11.08.2017 at 05:10 in the morning.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXoxl7kAwC_/

Thank you for sharing @aytu_14

Turkey is the destination of an 'Outer Edges of Europe' tour I'm hoping for in 2022.

I've never visited but my father was very fond of the country, and its people.

A bit like you I try to set off with determination and hope, and then let good (and the occasional not so good) things happen along the way.

That's the fun of travelling by bicycle.

Usually very friendly reception.

Thank you for sharing, your trip so far, I look forward to following along, and picking up some local knowledge :smile:.

The (mostly) good weather there, also seems like a very attractive option from here in rainy January UK :smile:

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

@mudsticks To be honest, I don't think I'm writing a tourist article. I just wrote what I experienced and felt on the road. In my article, you may not find the answers to questions such as where to go, what to eat, what is it famous for. My budget was limited as I was a student at that time. I spent 70-80 $ on my trip. I spent most of it on food. For this reason, I could not visit museums and ancient cities. But you will find plenty of answers to questions such as where can I camp for free, where to take a shower for free.^_^^_^^_^

But if you have any questions, you can ask. I will gladly reply. :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
@mudsticks To be honest, I don't think I'm writing a tourist article. I just wrote what I experienced and felt on the road. In my article, you may not find the answers to questions such as where to go, what to eat, what is it famous for. My budget was limited as I was a student at that time. I spent 70-80 $ on my trip. I spent most of it on food. For this reason, I could not visit museums and ancient cities. But you will find plenty of answers to questions such as where can I camp for free, where to take a shower for free.^_^^_^^_^

But if you have any questions, you can ask. I will gladly reply. :rolleyes:

Thankyou that's great.

It's fine I'm not looking for 'tourist' advice in terms of attractions, that's all in guidebooks, if needed.

Far more interested in the 'camping for free' type info, it's what I do when I can, that's the sort of local knowledge I mean.

I know people who hike in the mountains in Turkey, and a freind of mine hiked the Lycian way in 2019, where you can wild camp no problem - But what's the reaction if you're closer to civilisation?

I'm a "Have tent will travel" and pitch it where I can type person - but I'm usually willing to accept hospitality when offered.

I've ended up in all sorts of interesting situations as a result :sad:

I'm not a penniless student any more, but budget travelling is a habit that has stuck with me, as I don't earn vast amounts of money even now.

Anyway, I look forward to reading along - thanks :smile:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Interesting aytu_14, as long as you enjoy it that is what matters. You have a beautiful country and home to some of the oldest civilisations in human history. Keep the photos coming. Enjoy.

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

image-1.png

2. day (Konyaaltı Beach-Göynük -Tekirova) (70 Km)

After breakfast, picking up the items and placing them on the bike, I started pedaling in the first seconds of 08:15. I planned to reach Göynük municipality, which is 33 km away, and spend the afternoon there. I wanted to get there before 11 o'clock. I also had enough time for this. I reached Göynük around 11 o'clock, taking photos on the road. I wandered around Göynük and did some shopping for lunch. After entering the sea at the beach and cooling off, I slept for 1-2 hours and set off at around 17:00. I was aiming to reach Adrasan. However, I wanted to reach Çıralı-Olympos at least due to factors such as the headwind (it would be like this throughout the tour) and the continuous slope of the road. My water was running low. Until Tekirova, there was no water source and no gas station or market where I could buy water. I was at the Tekirova junction around 19:00. Ahead of me was an estimated 10 km Ulupınar slope. I was going to land in Çıralı after climbing this slope. I thought I could arrive before it gets dark. After traveling 6 km in 45 minutes, it started getting darker. Frankly, I started to descend 6 km as I didn't want to stay in the dark. I would realize later that it was a mistake. But it was a nice mistake. Because on the way to Tekirova, I saw 3 young people aged 17-18. The bicycles were walking in their hands. Someone had a flat tire and had no equipment such as a pump patch. They lived around here and went for a ride. After stopping and helping them, I went down to Tekirova. I would spend the night here.

Again, I thought of setting up a tent on the beach, but the gendarme caused a problem. Frankly, I was not in a position to deal with them and speak. Saying okay I will not pitch a tent, I went to the mosque, whose minaret I saw soon. I spent the night there by just throwing my bed between the triangle of mosque, park and cemetery. In the morning the Ulupınar hill was waiting for me again.

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

3. day (Tekirova-Adrasan-Korsan Bay) (60 Km)

The weather was a little cool at night, so I got my sleep well. I set out at 6.15 in the morning. I was going to have my breakfast on the road. I saw a place yesterday while climbing the slope. People were having a picnic there. It was a beautiful place located next to the water and forest from the mountain. It was staying at the 5th km on the exit from Tekirova. After having my breakfast there, I continued to climb the slope. After 3 km, I reached Beycik village road junction. The slope ends here. I said it was a mistake for me to come back the day before; If I had climbed 2 km more, I would have finished the slope. After that, there was a 1.5 km descent. Saying meant to be, I continued towards Adrasan junction. I did not enter Olympos and Çıralı because I had seen there before.

image-2.png
It's nice when I narrate but I'm soaked in sweat until I left...

I landed approximately 9 km from Adrasan junction and reached the center. At the entrance to Adrasan, I met İbrahim after buying something from the grocery store in the gas station. They were traveling with his girlfriend on his motorcycle. He gave some information about Adrasan that not many people knew, but that he was very beautiful and where it was beautiful. He advised me to see the Pirate(Korsan) Bay, The Priest(Papaz) Bay.

We left after thanking Ibrahim for his conversation and advice and wishing each other luck. After wandering around Adrasan and resting here at noon, I continued to go to Korsan Bay over the village of Karaöz. The road to Karaöz village was a one-lane road leading through the forest. It was a 6 km hard ascent and 6 km of a steep slope. Nature and forest were magnificent. I looked at Korsan Bay on the map and went. When I got down to the bay, I met Tunahan and Barış. They were coming from Antalya by hitchhiking. Tunahan asked me if I was disappointed about this bay. When I said "I don't know", he said "I was disappointed". Actually we came to the wrong bay. This was not Pirate Bay. He has a bay called Kargılı Stream. It shows two Korsan bays on the map. One was near the Kargılı stream, one was in the south of the village of Karaöz.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXvlT2FDiLL/

Tunahan was looking for a travel companion just like me. I gave up but he did not give up to find a friend and finally he convinced Barış. This tour they did was the first experience of Barış.

We set up our tent in a suitable place with friends, put whatever we have on hand, and had our dinner. Thanks to the family in the tent next door, they offered tea. I left this evening behind with the pleasant conversation of Tunahan and Barış.

Tunahan continued to carry his dreams forward. He also made trips to Europe.

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

4. day (Korsan Bay- Kumluca- Finike Bays -Demre) (65 Km)

After getting up at 6.00 in the morning, swimming in the sea and recovering, I packed my belongings and set off. Tunahan and Barış had not yet awakened. We gave our social media accounts to each other. Then I thanked them for their friendship.

After about 1 hour of cycling, I bought a bagel from a simit vendor and had breakfast on the road. Accompanied by the Finike beach on my left, I cycled up to Finike on the straight road. After resting, eating lunch and walking around in Finike, I set out for Demre. Finike was mostly agricultural land. He did not invest much as a tourist. Indigenous people made a living from agriculture.

The road between Finike and Demre was jagged. There were beautiful bays. I was taking off my top and just cycling in my shorts. I was slowly going towards Demre by swimming in almost all of the bays.

image-3.png

On the road, I met two people who were riding their bikes like me. Osman Göçek started his tour from Kars - in his 50s - and was on the 38th day of his tour. They met Hasan Karan on the way and would drive together until Çıralı. Hasan also started from Kuşadası and his tour will end in Çıralı. I got the address of a site that shows the slope of the road from him (bikeroll.net). It was very simple to use, I could not find it. (Now I use google maps. When you select the walk option, it shows the inclination of the road.) Thank you, it worked for me. After having a little chat with my friends and taking photos, they continued on my way. The wind was behind them. Seeing them gave me an extra motivation. (I got a message while I was sharing this post on a local forum. The younger of these people I met on the way texted me. He was also a member of the forum. Years later, we came across it, albeit through the forum. It was a nice meeting again.)

image-4.png

The first maniacs I saw on the road like me (!)

I arrived in Demre around 20:00 in the evening. While I was sitting at a bus stop at the entrance to see where I was going on the map, someone who to return home from work stopped next to me. When he found out that I was touring, he invited me to his house. I accepted and went to his house. This brother name was Zechariah. He lives with his wife and two children. His mother was living in the lower floor of their house. Since her mother was traveling, I took my shower in her mother's house and went to their house. Zekeriya brother was a very gentle and pleasant conversation person. He and his wife were calling each other "my friend". I liked this. He told that he had made Black Sea tours with his motorcycle several times in the past, and that he went to Kaş by bike with his friend in high school.

After dinner, Zekeriya showed me around Demre with his motorcycle. We toured the Santa Claus Church, the area where the water coming from underground (good for the bowels), Demre beach. Santa Claus Church was the second tourist attraction in Antalya. It had a beautiful architecture.

After the trip I came home and slept in an air-conditioned environment at his mother's house. I really needed this. Tomorrow I was waiting for a tiring route with 14 km climb and 14 km steep ups and downs. I stored my energy that night.

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

5. day ( Demre-Kaş-Kaputaş Beach) (70 Km) (First Part)

IMG_20170814_181303.jpg

Since Kas climbing is in front of me today, I got up at 6.00. I set off immediately without having breakfast. I wanted to start the landing stage of Kaş before the heat took effect. After about 2 km, I realized that I forgot my wallet at Zechariah's house. I waited for them to come back home and wake up. After taking the wallet at around 7 o'clock and thanking them again, I went on. I hope happiness will not be missing in their lives.

Before starting the tour, we were having a conversation with my friends about my tour. The general content of the conversation was expressing concerns such as are you crazy or if this or this happens. Or they were asking that famous question. "What will you do on the slopes?" In the first couple of conversations I was giving answers like "If I can't get out, it's my turn to carry the bike". One day a friend asked me what to do on the slope again. I said I had a dream like this:

As I climb the hill, a red "open top" car will come and stop by honking, there will be a beautiful lady in the car and:

She will ask: “Do you need help handsome? If you want, we can put your bike in the car, I can help you finish this hill." And I will accept this offer and get into her car. While chatting in the car, our charming lady (looking at my legs) said, “You are very tired. My chalet is close! You can stay with me tonight. You will be well-rested and I want to listen to the memories of your journey. " I told her that he would go into the subject. And I told that I would spend the night with her at her house.

This was the slope that my friends talked about. Slope 6% or 7% length 14 km. The road between Demre and Kas. I climbed 10 km of the road in one go. Then I stopped and had breakfast. But afterwards I could not climb. I could not get some kind of momentum. I was out of breath after cycling for 1-2 minutes. It was increasingly noon. The air was also getting hot. A horn rang as I was walking slowly in my hand bicyle. Next to me a giant man with a pos mustache and a cigarette in his mouth stopped with his "open-top motorcycle". And:

-Come let me help you to the top.

-Well but how? I don't have any ropes.

-No need for a rope.

-How are we going to do?

-You will take my hand.

-??????

-You will take my hand, we will go up to the end of the slope.

What did I do? I held that hand tight. The story I told my friends in my mind, the wind blowing across my face, we crossed that slope. When we reached the hill, we lit a cigarette in return.

The main theme of the story I told my friends was that a helpful person would help me as I was going to have a hard time on a slope. The main theme has taken hold. What does it matter if the content does not match? Is not it?

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

5. day ( Demre-Kaş-Kaputaş Beach) (70 Km) (Second Part)

The hard part of the Kaş road was over. After that, it was a bumpy road that did not tire me as much as I expected. On the way, we had a little chat with three sweet children –Cemil, Yasin, Nagehan.

image-5.png

Dogs sounds were heard in the forests 2 km before landing in Kaş. Dog voices grew louder as he got closer. There was a serious shiver in me. There was no settlement near me. After a little more I realized that it was a dog shelter. It was the dogs' scream of rebellion.

When I came to the intersection where I was going to land in Kaş, I came across 3 people hitchhiking. Diyar, Veysi, Bahtiyar. Very nice names. It was the first time they were hitchhiking. They were a bit reproached for not stopping the vehicles though. But despite this, it was obvious that they enjoyed very much. They had taken the poison. After that, they would go for a hitchhiking ride whenever they had a chance. I was sure of that.

Friends also advised me that I should definitely see Kaputaş and Patara beach. After wishing each other luck, I continued on my way and landed in Kaş.

image-6.png

After eating my meal in Kaş and wandering around the center, I went to the public beach at the Kaş exit. The road was tiring for me, I needed to rest. I met a family from Manisa on the beach. They were driving slowly along the coastline in their cars. I drank the tea they offered. After swimming and resting, I met Mevsim. He was studying abroad. He came to Kaş with his uncle for vacation. While we were talking, Her cousin Nehir and her friend Bali came. After meeting them and hanging out for a few hours, we left. They went to go their home. And me, I went to go Kaputaş beach.

image-7.png

Kaş entrance

A noise came from the bike while I were traveling towards Kaputaş. When I looked back, my sleeping bag had fallen off the bike and was rolling into the abyss. At that moment a truck passed over the overalls, and after the thud, the bag of the overalls got caught in the truck. After screaming whistling, the truck stopped ahead. I took my overalls. The truck was going to Kalkan and offered to leave me to Kaputaş. Actually, I had finished the difficult part of the road, but I accepted it because the road was a little narrow.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0-M1PgcgG/

After reaching Kaputaş beach, I tied the bike to the railing and went down to the beach. I was going to stay the night here. Mehmet, whom I met on the beach in Kaş, said that he was a staff member at Kaputaş beach and it would not be a problem for him to spend the night on the beach if I wanted. He was on guard at the beach at night.

After swimming in the sea for a while, when I went upstairs to pick up my belongings, I realized that I lost the key to the bike on the beach. Although I searched for the key after downloading my stuff, I could not find it. Still, I'm lucky. I tied the bike to the handlebar. I dismantled the brake and gear and unlocked the bike and put it down a few stairs so that it was in view of the camera. A red bicycle lock hung about 20 meters from the hut. If you go, look at the railings. If they haven't removed the lock, you'll see a memory from me.

image-8.png

Kaputaş Beach

I met Rafet and his family from Adana at the beach in the evening. They set off from Adana and followed the coastline for short distances. They invited me to their tables, at first I just thought of saying thank you, but then I remembered that I didn't shop for food in Kaş. Rafet also forgot to buy cigarettes. I offered cigarettes after I had dinner with them. After drinking our tea and smoking with a pleasant conversation, I threw my bed on a sunbed and slept.

At around 2 o'clock at night, I woke up to a scream for help. One man: "Help!" he was shouting. When I looked where the sound was coming from, I saw a few people on the cliffs. After work, while 4 friends were going to sit on the rocks to have a chat, one of them slipped and fell down. I immediately called the gendarmerie and informed the situation. The ambulance, the gendarmerie and the acute arrived. Meanwhile, the father of the fallen person also came. We hardly stopped him because he were trying to climb.

A woman aged 24-25 - the friend of the fallen person - led the paramedic and the gendarmerie separately. And brought they to her injured friend. She up and down to the rocks 5 times. They removed the injured after about 1 hour of work. The next day I learned that fallen person was doing well from the beach manager.

Top Bottom