Issues registering pre owned Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leo2020

Hi everyone. I am a new Brompton owner. I bought a pre owned 2020 Brompton I found on Gumtree. I am having issues registering it. After I submit all the information i get a message that reads
'Something went wrong. Please try again'.
I have checked the stolen register and its not reported stolen.
The registration asks what store I bought but because I bought it privately it doesnt have that option other than 'dont know'. I used this option. Then I tried another option using my nearest dealer. Same message 'something went wrong. Try again'.

Any idea how I can get past this message and register my details?

Thanks

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hi everyone. I am a new Brompton owner. I bought a pre owned 2020 Brompton I found on Gumtree. I am having issues registering it. After I submit all the information i get a message that reads
'Something went wrong. Please try again'.
I have checked the stolen register and its not reported stolen.
The registration asks what store I bought but because I bought it privately it doesnt have that option other than 'dont know'. I used this option. Then I tried another option using my nearest dealer. Same message 'something went wrong. Try again'.

Any idea how I can get past this message and register my details?

Thanks
Live chat on the Brompton website might be the best option. I've used it in the past with queries regarding RAL numbers of Brompton frame colours and the people have been really helpful.

OP
OP
L

Leo2020

I was thinking that it was because the previous owner had registered it, but if thats the case there must be a way for him to deregister so I can then take over registration but cant see any options on the Brompton site to do this.
I will give live chat a call tomorrow. Thanks.

Top Bottom