It’s here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Finally picked-up my S2E with Conti Urban Contacts and Ergons. :becool:
Only had a short spin around the campsite yesterday, but she feels fun! Gearing a little higher than expected, but hugely lighter than my S12R plus dynohub.:ohmy:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Nice colour choice.

12boy

Guru
Nice looking bike, fab foodie....
What is the gearing on the chain ring and sprockets? BikeGang sent me a one piece 3 speed sprocket set with 11, 14, and 17 teeth and it is kinda nice to have the 14 tooth, but when the 11 wears out the whole thing will have to go.
What sort of saddleclamp is on there? Doesn't look like a pentaclip. Do you notice any reduced rolling resistance with the Contis?

berlinonaut

Veteran
Nice bike! As visible on your pic you are using the old school Brompton saddle adaptor pin and you are pointing it backwards. You should be aware that using it this way is explicitly not within spec and may harm your frame.

From an old (well, very old 😄) Brompton Brochure:

41510525jx.png

So it is clearly intended to point forwards, not backwards. Consequently in older manuals, dating from the time when the thingy was still sold as accessory, Bromton wrote:

41510526xh.png

:whistle:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
FF, you have to lose that front reflector. It is an offence to God and to man.

Apart from that, it's very nice.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Nice looking bike, fab foodie....
What is the gearing on the chain ring and sprockets? BikeGang sent me a one piece 3 speed sprocket set with 11, 14, and 17 teeth and it is kinda nice to have the 14 tooth, but when the 11 wears out the whole thing will have to go.
What sort of saddleclamp is on there? Doesn't look like a pentaclip. Do you notice any reduced rolling resistance with the Contis?
@berlinonaut explains the saddle pin adaptor. As for gearing I’ve not figured that out yet. I’ll likely add a double chainset anyhow...
Tyres seem good at first, need to get some miles on it!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Nice bike! As visible on your pic you are using the old school Brompton saddle adaptor pin and you are pointing it backwards. You should be aware that using it this way is explicitly not within spec and may harm your frame.

From an old (well, very old 😄) Brompton Brochure:

View attachment 596084

So it is clearly intended to point forwards, not backwards. Consequently in older manuals, dating from the time when the thingy was still sold as accessory, Bromton wrote:

View attachment 596085

:whistle:
Well spotted, they’re rare as hen’s teeth but there is a manufacturer in Holland. Luckily the wonderful ‘Warlands Cycles’ had one collecting dust. It’s not properly set-up yet, but I have had one on my other B for years with no issues yet.

Top Bottom