It Has Arrived - Raleigh Airlite 400

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Octet

Veteran
Ok,

After much discussion with you very helpful guys (thanks again), and purchasing the Raleigh Airlite 400 for a bargain price, I am pleased to say it arrived at 20:00 today!

I have only gone up to the end of a private Clos (I think you guys on the mainland call it a Cul-de-Sac?) and back as it is dark and I don't have any lights on it yet but even in that short time I am in love with it :tongue:
I shall post some pictures in the morning as it is too dark to photograph it at night without having the flash flare up the photo.
I shall also post in the 'Riders Tales' section in the morning when I take it out for a proper ride (weather permitting).

Thanks again for helping me choose it!
Pictures and stories on the way!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
:wahhey:

D

Deleted member 20519

That's a fine looking bike. Can't wait for the pics :biggrin:

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Thanks,
I had to remove the pedal straps and toe piece because otherwise I know I'm going to end up flat on my backside if I need to stop.
So now it is just the bare pedals, but in truth I don't think I am at the stage where I need the additional power on the lift.

Manonabike

Über Member
In time you can try the pedal straps and see how you feel. Maybe with more experience on the bike you like them straps after all ^_^

Congratulations anyway..... I look forward to seeing those pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Here she is, just snapped a few pictures:

IMG_7336.JPG

IMG_7337.JPG

IMG_7338.JPG

IMG_7339.JPG

IMG_7340.JPG

IMG_7343.JPG

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I really like the look of the airlite, I was offered last year's model for £479 at my lbs, and I dare say that if I had of had the cash I would have bought it!

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... somewhere between my lugoles.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
This is the 2011 model as well.
I had the opportunity to negotiate it but thanks to my rubbish bartering skills I started the offer at £450 down from £500 (reduced from £750 already though) :whistle:

defy-one

Nice bike - congratulations. I'm really liking the dedicated 6 x 4 shed just for the bike :smile:
The mrs is hinting i should do likewise as we currently have 5 bikes between us

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Nice bike - congratulations. I'm really liking the dedicated 6 x 4 shed just for the bike :smile:
The mrs is hinting i should do likewise as we currently have 5 bikes between us

Hehe, it unfortunately isn't solely for that bike. Standing behind me are two old mountain bikes (one being my old ride) and a shed load (:laugh:) of half full paint tins.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Nice bike and a great spec for the money. Guy at work has a Raleigh Avanti Pro with 105 fitted and it is a lovely light bike, seem to get way more for the cash than Specialized, Giant etc.

Top Bottom