IT help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
buggi said:
my screen has gone like a negative. anyone know how to put it right?

have you switched off and left it for a minute,then restarted?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
IBM laptop. have turned it off, rebooted, disconnected battery etc. will try the troubleshoot thing

bonj2

Get a sheet of photographic film and put that in front of it. Negative negative make a positive.

col

Legendary Member
buggi said:
IBM laptop. have turned it off, rebooted, disconnected battery etc. will try the troubleshoot thing

Im not sure ,but is it in safe mode,i believe that can look a bit like a negative?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
ive really fecked it up now. i've put some kind of contrast on and now everything is REALLY BIG! :wacko:

domtyler

Über Member
Stick a dos bootdisk in your floppy drive and reboot, when you get a prompt just type in del C:*.* and hit return, answer yes to any questions. Once that has finished fixing the problem, reboot.

Danny

Legendary Member
Sounds to me like you have changed your Windows colour scheme somehow. See if this sorts it out:

1. Go to your desktop
2. Right click with your mouse
3. Select Properties at the bottom of the menu that appears
4. You should get a little screen called Properties appearing
5. Select the tab at the top called Appearance
6. Go to the second to last box towards the bottom of the screen called Colour Scheme and click on the arrow
7 You should see a long list of options - select Window Classic or Windows Standard
8 Click OK and close the screen

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Dannyg said:
Sounds to me like you have changed your Windows colour scheme somehow. See if this sorts it out:

1. Go to your desktop
2. Right click with your mouse
3. Select Properties at the bottom of the menu that appears
4. You should get a little screen called Properties appearing
5. Select the tab at the top called Appearance
6. Go to the second to last box towards the bottom of the screen called Colour Scheme and click on the arrow
7 You should see a long list of options - select Window Classic or Windows Standard
8 Click OK and close the screen

i tried that but i couldn't see anything at all coz it all went really dark :becool:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
well my screen is now black with all funky colours (don't know how i did that) but its still in REALLY BIG LETTERS

:tired:

Top Bottom