It is a year and a day since I last drank any alcohol.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'll drink to that :cheers:

Dwn

I pretty much gave up booze in my mid -20s. I had never really liked the taste of either beer or spirits, and like many young men, I drank to get drunk rather than because i enjoyed it. The hangovers killed it for me, and I haven’t missed it at all.

Harder to shift the bad habits that I enjoy!

As the title says...
Conscious decision a year & a day ago to stop drinking alcohol.
I'm not sure if I feel actually any healhier, but I've certainly lowered my intake of useless calories, and saved maybe £1,500

I can honestly say that I haven't missed it, (apart from, possibly, today when a nice bottle of wine, sat out in the sunshine might have been nice!)
Do you really not think you feel healthier?
Taking the plunge 1st June, was kinda hoping for more of a statement along the lines of "feel so much slimmer/fitter/healthier than this time last year" :ohmy:

battered

Guru
I've gone to 6 dry days a week for my 4 month weight loss programme, the 7th day being free to eat steak, chips, curry, pizza, ice cream, and drink what I like. I still enjoy a drink on Fridays, and I look forward to it, but what's interesting is that if I wake up on Saturday feeling a bit ropey I do question whether it's worth it. It has led to drinking less on the "wet" days, unless I have a good reason other than "I want a drink". It's good for self awareness.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Do you really not think you feel healthier?
Taking the plunge 1st June, was kinda hoping for more of a statement along the lines of "feel so much slimmer/fitter/healthier than this time last year" :ohmy:
Sorry... My weight is fairly constant at 10st 12lb (I'm 5' 5") I guess I feel a bit better about myself, and my liver must appreciate not being pickled.
I do exercise generally, every day, either walking or shortish rides. (Since my knee went dodgy, I don't do distances anymore.)
Good luck with your abstinence!

I’ve not had an alcoholic drink since NYE (and about 10 units only since the end of October)...and I’ve gained about 5kg :rolleyes:
Aww, we will let you off though as you have a wodgy, dodgy, bogdy leg which needed surgery.

CentralCommuter

I use MyFitnessPal to log my calorie intake and that has definitely helped change my behaviour! 8 cans of Punk at 1200 calories is just not worth it - and 8 cans is quite easy to do!!

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
6 years with no alcohol for me - still miss a glass of wine occasionally or a Cognac before bed, but much better for my wife and children that I no longer drink - I used to tear the arse out of it sometimes and felt only shame the next day ... mixed with anxiety in case I’d upset anyone. I like to think that one day I could have a ‘social’ drink but I’m not convinced yet !.

Milzy

Guru
Had a garden party on Sunday. 2 day hang over & feel so depressed. It’s evil stuff. It’s hard to stick to 2 or 3 when everyone’s knocking it back. I’m certain it’s only legal to stop boot legging.

Top Bottom