It`s priceless, you just have to laugh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I left work tonight and fancied doing a few extra miles so took a bit of a detour home.

Anyhow the ride turned out a bit warmer than I expected so I started to get thirsty, so I stopped at a petrol station about 7 or 8 miles away from home to get a drink, otherwise I wouldn`t have made it.

I picked up some flavoured water, a chicken sandwich, and a flapjack to eat so I didn`t have to bother with a meal when I got home. I go to pay...................

Now, I`m head to toe in cycling kit, lid still on, sweat pouring off of said lid all over the floor, sunglasses and gloves on, and the woman serving says "any fuel?":banghead:

Good god...................Jokingly I said to her "you`re looking at it", that was wasted, she looked at me like I was nuts, and then said "huhhh, any petrol or diesel", to which I replied with a flat "I don`t think so thankyou"

I give up.....................

I get it all the time. Every single time. Robots work there.

OP
OP
I
[QUOTE 4865961, member: 76"]People just don't think. I was in a petrol station filling up my motorbike, with one other car there, in motorbike jacket and helmet I went to pay and she asked me which vehicle was mine.[/QUOTE]
She must have been related to the one who served me!!

mustang1

Guru
Was at a beach party in Spain with about 20 of us many years ago. As the only Spanish speaker I was dispatched to the Burger King for 20 whopper and fries to soak up the beer.

I walked in and in my best Spanish ordered the lot. Her reply, translated, was

To eat here or takeaway sir?

I goto the store, place my order and tell them it's for take out. They ask eat in or take away. I tell them " yeah out" and against they ask eat in or take away. I tell them "take away". I think they don't understand what take out means or something.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Give her some credit, you might have wanted to strap a jerry can to your back and take some home for your car. ^_^
Or been one of those folk who cart their bike to a place to ride it, and then cart it back again.

Was at a beach party in Spain with about 20 of us many years ago. As the only Spanish speaker I was dispatched to the Burger King for 20 whopper and fries to soak up the beer.

I walked in and in my best Spanish ordered the lot. Her reply, translated, was

To eat here or takeaway sir?

Aha! Your mask has slipped. When outside of London and wearing shorts with tour belly hanging below the seam of your T-shirt, you look just like every other 20-burger redneck who eats in.

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I know they have to ask but I recently bought one 50 watt bulb - nothing else - at my nearest ASDA and the nearest manned till to me was queue-less so I presented it and was asked the question, 'would you like any help packing your shopping, sir?' Help? With ONE BULB?

tyred

Legendary Member
They're probably given a check-list of things to ask customers even though they know most of it isn't applicable.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A while ago I did similar to the OP at Billing petrol station, but I was also pushing my bike around the shop, and along the queue, as it would have vanished had I left it outside!
Similar dumb questions..
I just pointed at the bike and said 'Errrr, take a guess'

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Back in the day one of my fellow-tenants responded to an ad for a vacant room in our house-share house. Ralph, the landlord, after a brief discussion, said 'I'm sorry but we were really looking for a girl.' 'I am a girl,' growled Ian, leading to a frenetic flurry of back-pedalling apologies, which we - primed - enjoyed hugely.

Top Bottom