It`s priceless, you just have to laugh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Back in the days of using cash I was in a supermarket waiting in the queue at the checkout. I worked out the cost of the items (about half a dozen) and gave her the correct money after she had scanned the items.

She was amazed that I could add up and come to the right total.
You obviously play darts.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I know they have to ask but I recently bought one 50 watt bulb - nothing else - at my nearest ASDA and the nearest manned till to me was queue-less so I presented it and was asked the question, 'would you like any help packing your shopping, sir?' Help? With ONE BULB?
<pedant mode on> It's a lamp. Bulbs are planted into the soil, and suitably cared for, grow into nice flowery things. Lamps provide light<pedant mode off>

That's probably what threw them...

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
We'll be relying on Wiki next...:okay:
I blame the DIY sheds, and those know nothings who write the Oxford Dictionaries.....

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Light bulb:

upload_2017-7-4_16-43-15.jpeg

Lamp:

25811_1.jpg

You see? Lamps are a lot bigger.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I left work tonight and fancied doing a few extra miles so took a bit of a detour home.

Anyhow the ride turned out a bit warmer than I expected so I started to get thirsty, so I stopped at a petrol station about 7 or 8 miles away from home to get a drink, otherwise I wouldn`t have made it.

I picked up some flavoured water, a chicken sandwich, and a flapjack to eat so I didn`t have to bother with a meal when I got home. I go to pay...................

Now, I`m head to toe in cycling kit, lid still on, sweat pouring off of said lid all over the floor, sunglasses and gloves on, and the woman serving says "any fuel?":banghead:

Good god...................Jokingly I said to her "you`re looking at it", that was wasted, she looked at me like I was nuts, and then said "huhhh, any petrol or diesel", to which I replied with a flat "I don`t think so thankyou"

I give up.....................

[QUOTE 4865961, member: 76"]People just don't think. I was in a petrol station filling up my motorbike, with one other car there, in motorbike jacket and helmet I went to pay and she asked me which vehicle was mine.[/QUOTE]

A while ago I did similar to the OP at Billing petrol station, but I was also pushing my bike around the shop, and along the queue, as it would have vanished had I left it outside!
Similar dumb questions..
I just pointed at the bike and said 'Errrr, take a guess'

Many years ago I'd been on a training course darn sarf which had finished late and then I'd got stuck in a horrendous traffic jam heading back to civilisation. As a result I was still driving up the M1 at just after midnight and was running low on petrol so stopped at the next services.
I drove into the huge windblown and deserted expanse of a motorway services filling station, with not a soul to be seen and about 20 vacant fuel pumps to choose from so I pulled up at the one nearest the shop and after waiting about for the young lady in the shop to press the button allowing me to get some fuel, filled up while she sat and stared in my direction, looking bored to tears.
Tank filled I walked over to pay at the window.
"Which pump?" was her opening gambit...:wacko:

Maybe all those benzene fumes get to them after a while? :scratch:

Top Bottom