It`s priceless, you just have to laugh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
My pet hate and it happens to me about 50% in cafes.

I ask for a black coffee and the numpty behind the counter asks, brightly, :-

'With milk?'

:banghead:

pplpilot

Guru
Every Saturday morning I have a bacon sarnie at the cafe while daughter #1 is at dance.

Me . Bacon sandwich please, no sauce
Girl. Any sauce?
Me . <sigh> no

And repeat for every single Saturday. Used to wind me up but its become funny now...

Last edited:
Same at the canteen, I refuse to call it a restaurant, at work

I can go in, in uniform, with an ID badge clipped to my shirt pocket, & if it's someone on the tills who is new, they'll ask.....
"Staff??"

Okay, granted, it's not a particularly difficult uniform to source elsewhere, but still.....................

subaqua

What’s the point
"To save energy costs, find the bulbs with the light output you need, then choose the one with the lowest watts"
So, if you are right, and Philips have the same understanding of "bulb" as you do, then they think the glass bit emits light.

Marketing is done to sell to those in society who are a little more hard of thinking/understanding ....

subaqua

What’s the point
People using the standard english words to describe common objects does not mean they have limited understanding. It means they want to communicate successfully.
to people who don't understand things correctly.

does my BULB thermometer, or my DRY/WET BULB relative humididty meter emit light ......

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
to people who don't understand things correctly.

does my BULB thermometer, or my DRY/WET BULB relative humididty meter emit light ......
prison-break.jpg

A mate of mine at uni bought one item in Poundland.

The cashier said, 'that'll be a pound, please.'

'Nah, getaway,' was his cheeky answer.

The cashier wasn't too happy.
<sigh> Has no one here ever worked in retail?

Trust me, if you think it's a funny joke and relevant to the shop you are in, then they probably hear it every day. I used to work for an American hamburger chain that wasn't McDonalds*, and every day multiple young men would come to the counter and ask for Big Mac, then laugh and order something off the menu. I bet every one of them reported to their friends how they had "got me", but my forced smile was because if it was the first time I had heard that joke today, it's because I'd just started my shift.

*no, not Burger King either.

Top Bottom