It was all going so well today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bucksgill

... then I had my first tumble :sad:

Today I went for a ride over and around Hayling Island which was great fun. Then when nearing home I worked out that I was going to finished on about 36/37 miles which would of been my PB but I really wanted to get to 40 so I took a little detour to add a couple of miles. I was a bit tired by then and after about a mile of the detour I came off. Turning to go parallel to the seafront I lost concentration whilst looking at the see, I got too close to the railings and before I knew it I'd hit a box attached to the railings which in turn made me crash completely into the railings. Got a bruised shoulder, big graze on the inside of my arm (presumably from hitting the box) and a cut down my shin :sad: not to mention a hit on my pride :laugh: most importantly the bike seems generally okay; however I noticed one of the brakes was not releasing quickly or fully, I think I must of hit the STI shifter in the fall so I'm not too sure how to fix it?

On the plus side I did get to the 40 miles once I had turned back and still had a great few hours out. Just a bit annoyed with myself for taking the shine of it. Got to have a few days off the bike anyway so when I can go back on I'm sure I will be ready and raring to go; with my lessons learnt of course :smile:

Hopefully my last tumble until I go clipless when we all know what will happen then... :laugh:

Pigo

Ooops!
Hope the bike is ok.... (& you of course!)
:smile:

Ouch! My last self enforced tumble was up the top of the Crieff Road on a club run, after about 18miles. It was probably partly tiredness too, we had just climbed a fair bit with me at the front. The club chain through the middle and I had not long joined so it caught me out :blush: as somebody came through to relieve me, I clipped wheels, bounced hard on the tarmac and onto the verge. I got back up and continued on at a greater speed to the cafe stop and it wasn't until I reached it that I realised how badly I was bleeding. After cleaning up, I still cycled home at an OK pace, covering around 65 miles (inc my ride to/from the start/finish). It wasn't until the next day when things really began to hurt, I had bruised my ribs deeply. Adrenalin must have been a powerful tonic at the time! I do hope it wasn't for you.

OP
OP
bucksgill

bucksgill

I can already feel my body start to ache and joints creek so I dread waking up in the morning :laugh:

Bike is generally okay, just need to try and sort out the back brake. The lever and therefore the pads don't seem to be moving back all the way or particularly smoothly. Does anyone know how to fix this?

OP
OP
bucksgill

bucksgill

I realised I bent the hood slightly in the crash so I gently bent that back and now the brake is responsive when I release it however there is still a little bit of give when pressing it before the pad starts to move, nothing major. Also when I release it quickly it makes a clicking noise in the hood. So better but not how it was :sad:

Top Bottom