Its been bugging me all day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Yesterday i saw a cat run over by a car . I knew it was going to run as i passed on my bike and as i pulled in to let on comming traffic through i hoped i didn't hear "that " noise . Well i did hear it and when i turned round to look back there was the cat twitching in the road . :sad:
I went straight over to it and could see it was going to die so stroked its head until it passed away ( 30 seconds )
The thing that's bugging me is when the owners turned up . The old man was devastated and with the driver trying to say sorry i didn't get chance to say there was very little suffering for his pet . I had moved the cat to the side of the road so it didn't get run over again so that's what he saw .
I was thinking of dropping some flowers round with a note saying his pet wouldn't have known a thing about it , i saw it happen and had moved it to the side of the road straight away .
I would want to know there was no suffering but maybe they dont so the other side of me is saying just leave it .

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
That was a nice thing you did for the poor cat @Cuchilo.
Leave the flowers: it will make you feel better, probably the owner too, I know I would appreciate the gesture.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is why i wouldn't have a cat. You have no control of what happens to them once they leave the house. The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was lucky to miss the actual incident,but i saw a dead cat on the pavement. I asked the woman who was standing over it what had happened It'd run out into the path of a car. I'm too squeamish to pick up dead animals,so i asked someone for a towel and covered it up. A bloke said he'd get a shovel and put it in a bin. A bit undignified,but if we'd have phoned the council they'd only have picked it up in a similar fashion and took it away to the incinerator.

Mrs M

Guru
Yesterday i saw a cat run over by a car . I knew it was going to run as i passed on my bike and as i pulled in to let on comming traffic through i hoped i didn't hear "that " noise . Well i did hear it and when i turned round to look back there was the cat twitching in the road . :sad:
I went straight over to it and could see it was going to die so stroked its head until it passed away ( 30 seconds )
The thing that's bugging me is when the owners turned up . The old man was devastated and with the driver trying to say sorry i didn't get chance to say there was very little suffering for his pet . I had moved the cat to the side of the road so it didn't get run over again so that's what he saw .
I was thinking of dropping some flowers round with a note saying his pet wouldn't have known a thing about it , i saw it happen and had moved it to the side of the road straight away .
I would want to know there was no suffering but maybe they dont so the other side of me is saying just leave it .
Aw, poor wee cat. :sad:
At least it had some comfort at the end, (well done to you) :okay:
Some flowers would be a lovely, thoughtful touch and if it were my cat would be really appreciated.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I ran over a cat once, very traumatic. Like you the cat died quickly, but sadly was very mangled. Tossed up whether to leave it at the side of the road but settled on putting it out of the way and letting the house across the road know. Still not sure I did the right thing but it couldn't be nice to find your cat in a massive pool of blood.

Top Bottom