It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Bah! Humbug! And Drat Bing Crosby! The thread title is going round in my head and I can't get rid of it.

I find Bing Crosby CDs make excellent coasters :okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
Even worse, there's people near me who've had Halloween decorations in their gardens since the beginning of October. 😲😂

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't like to worry you, but these are actually early preparations for Christmas 2024; the decorations will not be taken down until January 2025! :laugh:

A few years ago I found a Santa Claus statuette in the cellar here so I brought it upstairs and cleaned it. I have had it on display since then. When people point out that it is not December, I reply that displaying a Santa statuette makes exactly as much sense in May/August/etc. as it does in December! :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Barton Grange garden centre had a Christmas display on August 28th.

markemark

Über Member
People feel Christmassy in December. Lots of businesses need to start selling or advertising Christmas well in advance of that due to logistics or booking times. It happens every year. Get over it.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Looking on the bright side, mince pies are available now (though you can get hot cross buns in our local Asda all year round)!

Top Bottom