It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We have 2 year round Christmas shops near us. 10 minutes in there in August is enough to put you off.

postman

Legendary Member
Barton Grange garden centre had a Christmas display on August 28th.
We have been visiting Barton Grange for years.Always liked the main show in the area outside the cafes.Not sure about the displays on the walk through,but they were work in progress when we were there September.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We have been visiting Barton Grange for years.Always liked the main show in the area outside the cafes.Not sure about the displays on the walk through,but they were work in progress when we were there September.

Yes, the majority were WIP but there was a finished display or two.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Big garden centre near us has 6 Santa's in cubicles, how the kids don't twigg I don't know!🤔🤣🤔🤣🤔🤣

That makes me think of the late 1960's when I went to a children's Christmas party in Accrington town hall on a Saturday afternoon, then another party about 3 hours later in a local working men's club. 'Santa' was short and fat in the town hall, yet tall and thin in the WMC ! :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
Big garden centre near us has 6 Santa's in cubicles, how the kids don't twigg I don't know!🤔🤣🤔🤣🤔🤣

My uncle used to do Santa at Sunday school Christmas party. My cousin recognised his father's boots which sort of spoiled things!

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Presumably too few people ride in the cold to make staying open economically viable. Trade drops off at bike shops as well after the Christmas rush.

Top Bottom