It's frrrrrr.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif

Here is a pressure chart of Europe, Greenland and the Arctic. The reason for the continued cold has been a huge dominant high pressure that has settled to the North and NW of the UK drawing winds straight down from the Artic (and larva clouds from Iceland) over the UK. It has also meant that the warmer jet stream from the Atlantic has been pushed south over the southern Mediterranean/North African coast rather than funneling up to the UK. The dominant high pressure has prevented the relatively warm anticyclones that usually roll across the UK from the SW and the Atlantic from doing so.

Tues night/wednesday morning of next week is forecast to be a hard frost as there will be little wind and clear skies. Don't put away your winter gear just yet!

:evil:

al78

Guru
Forecast max temperature 8C in the SE on Saturday ;).

Might as well just drag and drop the UK into the Arctic and be done with it :evil:.

It feels like this year is going to be the year without a summer, at this rate.

al78

Guru
hackbike 666 said:
If you lived in Thailand you'd have massive air conditioning bills.

At least offsetting some of the cost by installing solar panels would be a feasible option.

decca234uk

Global warming? Wait for all the doomsayers to start talking about an impending ice age, on top of an economic collapse. i might invest in some tyre chains before they're all gone.

User3143 said:
People are saying though that we will be in for a BBQ summer this year.

What, like the Met Office said we were last year? :smile: :biggrin:

I'd just settle for a summer at the moment, it's been flippin' 'taters every morning this month so far, or if it hasn't it ruddy-well feels like it :biggrin:
Anyway, what's with all of this 'BBQ summer' malarkey, doesn't anyone else BBQ year-round? :sun: :wacko: :biggrin:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
-1 predicted for wednesday morning. felt like winter this morning. still only wearing my icebreaker 260 weight with a gilet & ronhill tracksters. i must be well 'ard

Top Bottom