It's frrrrrr.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Jaguar said:
... till May be out. That be the plant May though, not the month of May

Actually, not quite true. No-one knows for sure, it might be hawthorne, it might be the month of May. There's evidence to support either view.

gouldina

BentMikey said:
Actually, not quite true. No-one knows for sure, it might be hawthorne, it might be the month of May. There's evidence to support either view.

What's a clout anyway? And why shouldn't you cast it?

Mike!

Guru
I came in at 7.30am in shorts, t-shirt and Lidl light jacket with fingerless gloves :laugh: Wasn't that cold!!

But then i did used to sit on a beach all night fishing in the middle of winter :biggrin:

gouldina

Mike! said:
I came in at 7.30am in shorts, t-shirt and Lidl light jacket with fingerless gloves :laugh: Wasn't that cold!!

But then i did used to sit on a beach all night fishing in the middle of winter :biggrin:

I had about the same but "not that cold" doesn't equate to warm does it? I was regretting not having full finger gloves tbh.

ChrisKH

Guru
I switched out of shorts back to my mild winter gear this am and feel much better for it.
As someone said, a frost is predicted for tomorrrow as clear skies tonight.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Yeah a cold night forecast for tonight and tomorrow night. I hope we get a good summer. Last year was pathetic it rained, rained, rained and wasn't that warm during June and July IIRC.

jimboalee

I have a 3 mile commute this week, so it's on my BSA 20.

I'm wearing anti perspirant, formal shirt, trousers, tie, 'deckie' shoes and my security card.

Jar of coffee, flask of milk and Scotch eggs for brekkie in back box.

Thermometer said 6 Deg C this morning.

The hot coffee was welcomed.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
jimboalee said:
I have a 3 mile commute this week, so it's on my BSA 20.

I'm wearing anti perspirant, formal shirt, trousers, tie, 'deckie' shoes and my security card.

Jar of coffee, flask of milk and Scotch eggs for brekkie in back box.

Thermometer said 6 Deg C this morning.

The hot coffee was welcomed.

Rather dapper. A boater instead of a helmet :ohmy:?

Scotch eggs - yuk! Cucumber sandwiches :wacko:.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Was going to go for a gentle ride this evening for about an hour as the roads looked really empty - everyone watching the TV probably, but thought better of it as it was bl00dy freezing. So went for a run instead. The sunset looked like an Arctic winter sunset. Minus 1C is forecast for the morning here. It was cold last night. Yet colder at -2C is predicted for tomorrow morning. It will have to be porridge time again :smile:.

jimboalee

There was ice on the cars here this morning.

Shirt sleeves again.

I've cut the distance down to 2.75 miles by diverting onto a footpath and cutting through a pedestrian walkway.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Gotta be honest, much as I like cold weather, I'm sick of it now :cheers:
Bloody froze riding home yesterday!

Glad to hear you're back on the bike anyway Crankarm :biggrin:

Cycling to work this evening I was back in a baselayer shirt and long troos, which I though I'd consigned to the wardrobe for the, ahem, 'summer' :biggrin:
Thought I might get too hot but with the neck zip of my long-sleeved top (long sleeves, in bloody May!!!) open I was nicely balanced.
Brought extra layers for the ride home tomorrow morming, -1 degC forecast overnight. :biggrin:

Top Bottom