It's Great to be Back on Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Left work this morning. Air cold, but ground dry and frost free. Almost perfect.

Wow. Eleven days without cycling due to snow, ice, bad health (cold or flu?) aching limbs, too much else to do, I finally got back on my bike this morning. Cleaned it yesterday and oiled the chain, and told it I still loved it.

And today, I have a broad grin on my face. Why? Nose back to the grindstone, holidays over, but I'm grinning!! Thank you, two wheels. You've made a bad day very good indeed.

subaqua

What’s the point
+1

darth vadar

Über Member
Well said.

You can feel the passion in that message.

I wonder how many motorists feel that when they get in their car every morning ?

Well said.

I wonder how many motorists feel that when they get in their car every morning ?

None

I hate it....last ride out was Christmas morning. A combination of dealing with a burglary, boarding up a house then gettting knocked flat for 3 days by a BAD COLD - it wasn't flu despite what people keep saying, it was a bad bad cold, an ILI (Influnza-Like-Illness) - I still am quite chesty although it's slowly going. I think I could ride to work again tomorrow but I'm going to play it safe. Roll on Monday.

2 days and not even full-capacity traffic and I HATE sitting in the car - being home late, not able to just nip to somewhere on the way as I do on the bike

Roll on Monday morning when I should be back on the bike and getting to work awakened and fresh

Jezston

Über Member
Well said.

I suspect there may be one or two out there who drive Maseratis and who's commute takes them along the Col De Turini, but that's probably about it.

Top Bottom