Its gunna end in a nasty crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

But the nice thing about double deckers is that you can get quite a benefit from the draft from quite a distance back, so there's no need to get too close.

Plax

Guru
I undertook a skip lorry once, but that was when I was on a "cycle lane" that lasted for about 1/4 mile if that. Does that count as being stupid?
This was after overtaking (on the outside) a lane of stationary vehicles waiting at some road works, pulling back in as the lights turned green and drafting the car in front (and waiting behind that car at normal traffic lights). I then overtook all the cars again at the next set of lights immediately afterwards as there was a cycle lane by this point, but hung back behind the lorry until we'd cleared the turn (cycle lane with ASL or not, I'm not undertaking a lorry on a corner), and then cycled off into the distance on the straight. I really did leave the lorry for dust too. None of the cars I'd overtook ever caught up with me. First time I'd cycled in "proper" dense traffic with traffic lights and roundabouts everywhere. It was quite exciting, and in a way easier navigating the lights and roundabouts than when the traffic is free flowing. It helps greatly when cars can't actually go anywhere :?:.

hackbike 6

Errrrrr sorry mr bus driver I tailed you last night as I was in a hurry and perhaps I should have paid the fare.:?:

Was a bit naughty with buses today as well on the inward commute.:ohmy:

Top Bottom