It's here! My n+1, my first proper road bike (with gears!), introducing Mr.Blue!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I didn't realise The Bike Doctor sold bikes as well, looks nice,

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I didn't realise The Bike Doctor sold bikes as well, looks nice,

He only sells new Claud Butlers or Dawes (not that you'd know!) but he does a damn fine line in used machines, I've seen some truly gorgeous machines in his lair.

I spotted this beauty (image below) when my brother in law picked up a used reconditioned Giant OCR recently, I have no idea what this bike is, and it was far too small for me, but I found it very appealing!

IMG_20120828_182512.jpg

trampyjoe

If I remember correctly you're a tall fellow like I am, which means it's a tiny bit harder to find used bikes our size, but when we do the chances are that the seller has had to drop the price due to a lack of local lanky cyclists!
I'm not that tall .. just give that impression as my wife is short.
I should get to know my LBS so I can pick up a decent bike like that, it's just a shame they're all mostly carp round here.

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I just went out for 25 miles to get the seat feeling right, and wow, got home and got PB on a slew of Strava segments and drew third on a couple I thought were well out if my reach!

I've been riding single speed for a while so using gears to maintain fast cadence is a total revelation!

I am a very happy bunny :smile:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm not that tall .. just give that impression as my wife is short.
I should get to know my LBS so I can pick up a decent bike like that, it's just a shame they're all mostly carp round here.

I too have a miniature misses, but then all the best things come in small packages, except life size robot dinosaurs.

Mike!

Guru
He only sells new Claud Butlers or Dawes (not that you'd know!) but he does a damn fine line in used machines, I've seen some truly gorgeous machines in his lair.

I spotted this beauty (image below) when my brother in law picked up a used reconditioned Giant OCR recently, I have no idea what this bike is, and it was far too small for me, but I found it very appealing!

View attachment 12921

Ohhh how small Andrew? After something for Mrs Mike! so may give him a ring Monday if it's small enough!!

Top Bottom